Problems to indent

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi, i cant indent the paragraphs on the main element, with which button can i indent?

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty Ipsum text dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<main>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>

</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements/

The space button, you use the space button to add spaces.

Hi, thanks for your answer but when i select the paragraph and push the space button it erase, so i cant indent with space button

Hi Dan, when i select the paragraph and push enter it erase

You want to use the Tab button on your keyboard

its the same when i use the tab button its erase the paragraph that i selected

In that case, don’t select the whole thing – just put your cursor in front of the element you want to indent and press the tab button

Indent start (a line of text) or position (a block of text) further from the margin than the main part of the text.

I am not indented
 I am indented

Just literally type a space.

If you are typing a space and the line disappears, then that would possibly be a bug

1 Like

Hey, i’m having the same problem indenting. I’ve tried using tab but it doesn’t indent.

Hi, did you manage to solve the indenting problem you had, coz i have the same problem i may kindly need your help solving it.

1 Like

Just so you know, indentation is not needed to solve the challenge, but to indent just put your cursor at the beginning of the line and press tab

Why do you have a pressing need to indent? It has literally nothing to do with the challenge.

You can press tab at the start of a line, same as any other program where you enter text. The editor should allow you to select all the text (like you would do in any text editor or word processor program) then press tab to indent. If that functionality isn’t working for some reason, you can press the space key to add spaces, like every other computer program where you input text.

Thank you got it. I’ve been able to solve it.

please hw did solve this problem as i am still stuck here

read carefully this thread, there is the answer

if you still want help you need to post your own code