Problems with Bootstrap ScrollSpy

Hello everyone! I am working on my portfolio page and can’t seem to get scrollspy to function properly.
First off, I don’t like the color scheme and size and location of my name, but I have no idea how to change it.

Second, it doesn’t highlight which section you are in when you are in it. If you click on the button, it will take you to the proper location.

Please, help me! Thank you so much!

The jquery script ALWAYS comes BEFORE the bootstrap.js or the bootstrap javascript files will not work.

Edit: you are also missing the point of codepen. There is a settings menu to put css and javascript dependencies in, you don’t link in your html window. Also, in codepen, you put your css in the CSS window, not in a <style> element.

I’d say ditch the ScrollSpy for now and concentrate on getting to know about classes and ids, you have two classes in your style sheet that don’t correspond to anything. It’s a good idea to go back over the FCC HTML/CSS challenges if you’re not sure how things work

The size and colour attributes (Edit) you require (/Edit) are located in Bootstraps navbar classes, if you go onto Developers Tools, you be should able to workout which class you need to change.

Good luck.

Thank you for your help! I’ll take a look at it and make the changes. =)

Thank you for your help! I’ll go over those lessons again. I appreciate the help.