Product Landing Page Project - Need help

Hi,

I have some questions:

How do I incorporate the fontawesome in my project? I subscribed and got a link with script tags. But in the example project the code is different and does not use script tags.

I get 2 errors in my project and cannot find the reason why.

How can I change the color of the icons? I googled and found some answers, tried to execute them, but they did not work.

Another problem that I have is with the middle column which shows a funny smaller spacing between rows. This makes the button appear at a higher position that the others. It does not look nice.

My project is not ready yet since I will continue to work on it.

This is the link:

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Veronica Chiaravalli

The project might have been made with an old version of FA, hence it’s implemented differently… Though doesn’t really matter, you should implement it the way the official FA documents it.

As for the color of the icons, try to get acustomed to using the development tools (usually F12).
If I do this, go to the inspection tab, select the icon (dude with the academic hat) and play around, I quickly learn that the “color” attribute in CSS changes the color of the symbol :wink:

@TheMatrix5, you don’t have to replicate the sample projects. They show just one way the project can be completed. The instructions say to make yours “functionally similar” and to “give it your own personal style”.

Also, you want to make the projects from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.
The projects are not just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gained from the incremental challenges.
The hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you. I contacted Font Awesome directly to ask them how do I implement the font awesome on Codepen.io.
Yes, color is where I should change the color but I tried it and it did not work for me.
Anyway, I have 14 out of 16 right. I need to solve 2 problems before I can submit the project.

Hi,

It has my own personal style and content.

Best regards,
Veronica

What I meant was you don’t want to take the HTML and CSS code from the sample and fill in your own content and colors.
In your projects the code looks to be the same as the sample projects.

HI,

Look closer. It is not the same.

The header, footer, colors, icons. content, etc. is not the same.
It is not the same code plus I am still working on my project. It is not finished. I posted my comment to get help on the 2 errors that I have which I cannot find.

And I am still trying to get help to add an image on the page ( an image from pixabay for free commercial use).
That is all.

Thanks

Br
Veronica

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.