Project Feedback on Survey Page

This is my Survey page, any suggestions or contributions??

I’ve moved your topic to a more appropriate forum.

1 Like

Your form looks okay @josephetim211. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you should address.
  • Users should be able to select by clicking on the label, not just the checkbox and/or radio button.
  • Don’t use <br> to force line breaks or spacing. Use CSS.
1 Like

More like float: left; instead of the br tag?

Thanks i just finished working on the radio buttons and checkboxes, their labels can be used to click too

For the value attribute, i think you can put it anyhow. The value attribute is just for the form, so that that option can be properly identified when the form is submitted to the url in the " form action"
And you’re right required doesnt work for radioboxes and checkbox

For the required attribute it was not necessary because as for the radio button, an option is already picked, by default. As for the checkbox, its possible the user does not have something else to add and is perfect with the app. So he might decide leave all options unchecked.

Good job on that. Some things to revisit again;

• Run your code through the W3C validator as mentioned in my previous post. There are coding errors you should address.
  • Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.

I passed all the tests

Yep, I didn’t say that you hadn’t. What I said was the test script should be included when you submit your project(s).

There are coding errors you still need to address though.

1 Like

Okay i get it now…
But please what are some of the coding errors?, i have my hands full with the landing page exercise.

This isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon. There’s no rush to finish any of the projects.

I’m not going to type them all in. That’s why I keep saying to run it through the W3C validator. It’s a lot easier for you to see.
I’d do it asap so you can avoid coding errors in your landing page. And use it for your other projects too.

1 Like

The CSS didnt have any problems, i just passed it the validator seconds ago
Or was the issue with the HTML?

When you first go to the validator it looks for HTML so I’m not sure why you wouldn’t try that first.
Since you checked the CSS and multiple times I said there were coding errors that you need to address, wouldn’t you then try HTML?

1 Like

Sorry about that…
I fixed the errors, except for the doctype, head and title element which i couldnt add because codepen doesnt want it included in the markup

Thanks so much…
Couldn’t believe the errors i had missed

Thanks @Roma for your time and your patience, following up the thread and actually looking at the code. I really appreciate your kind gesture