Repl.it submission not working

Tell us what’s happening:
When I submit the solution link, it runs the test but then says “Test timed out”

Your code so far
I add the “author”: “myname”, line and then run the npm start command successfully. It seems like there’s a problem with Repl.it or it’s too slow.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.111 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

hi,

get some insight using the network tab, and checking for the get requests, to see if it is being sent;

also try refreshing the page.

and double check the url you’re sending to is correct.

How does your package.json file look like?
Is the JSON correctly formatted?

{
  "name": "my-awesome-package",
  "version": "1.0.0"
}

I doubled checked everything and tried for like an hour. I’ve never used the network tab tho, I will try it tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, you can have a look if you’d like: repl.it/@pratvar/boilerplate-npm#package.json

I had, I even created a new project from the freecodecamp template. There was a cors error in the console.

If I was you I would not stay stuck on that challenge, you understood the lesson… Move on.

It seems to me like a FCC issue and not something to be fixed over night.

2 Likes

Oh, I see. Guess I will move on. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.