Request for feedback: Recipe Box Project

I just finished the first draft of my recipe box, and would love some feedback on it. I really enjoyed the challenge of this project. I tried to keep the state as simple as possible, starting out with the recipes array and the active recipe index as the only pieces of state. I ran into some issues with that because users might add a recipe, but then change their mind and abandon it. In that case, an empty recipe would have been added, and I didn’t think that looked very good. I only wanted to add a recipe if a user actually clicked the “save” button. So I gave the form it’s own state. I’m not sure if this is the proper way to do things in react, but it was fun making it work!

Recipe Box App

A demonstration of my recipe box app

1 Like

Nice! I’m in Struggletown with React at the moment, so anyone that can pull this off is a wizard in my eyes :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile: It was definitely challenging. Managing state was kind of tricky, even in a tiny app like this. I can only imagine how giant apps handle state. Thinking in React helped me a lot, along with working through their tutorial.

Nicely done Zack!! Added one more recipe :slight_smile:

1 Like