Responsive Web design (Beta) To strick code checking

I am sorry if anyone posted this earlier, but I coudn’t find a proper disscusion about this specific issue.

Inside the First part of the curriculum, at the point the student needs to make the HTML form (Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form), prior to the first certification exam. At task (4), the student is asked to add a title and a selv-closing link elements to the head element; a minor mistake was made that would stop the student form passing the checkpoint, even if his/her asnwer were correct.

It turns up that on extra (/) is added at the end of the was suppose to be the “correct answer” for the link part, makeing the pass of this point impossible with the right answer. I’ve included a screen shot for clarifcation.

Please post your actual code and a link to the challenge. Thanks

According to the screenshot, you pasted, there was no error as far as I can observe.

The code I tried to pass with was the following:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">

I used MDN’s HTML documentation as a refrance: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Introduction_to_HTML/The_head_metadata_in_HTML

Here is the url I was looking for you to provide:

If that is the full code you tried to use then you missed many of the instructions:

Step 4

Add a title element to the head, and give your project a title of Registration Form. Also, nest a self-closing link element in the head element. Give it a rel attribute value of stylesheet, a type attribute value of text/css, and an href attribute value of styles.css.

I see no title element.

Are you talking about this bug:

2 Likes

Yes! That was exeaclty the point I was trying to make. It makes more sense now. Thank you so much, Jeremy!

I had no idea that a ( / ) could be a part of a selv-closing tag, at least not before this incident.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.