Running the Relational Database Curriculum in your Browser

actually it worked. I reset multiple times but it didn’t work before. Now all of a sudden it passed the test. Don’t know what went wrong.

1 Like

this happened again when executing the questionnaire.sh file again. nothing seems to work.
edit: after deleting the project again from codeally dashboard, had to start it again from scratch. now it is working. there seems to some problem in coderoad. Sometimes it doesn’t function properly.

Out of curiosity what’s the difference between: mario_database=> and mario_database’>.

Occasionally when I have miss typed something it will switch from the first one to the second one and once it has nothing seems to work. The only way I can get back to the first one is the exit the database and log back in.

The right link is (without ‘s’) : https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/relational-database/

You can enter commands on multiple lines in that psql prompt @Tom2709. So if you press enter and the command isn’t complete, you can continue the command on the next line. When the prompt changes from =>, that means you entered a command that isn’t finished. When you see '> as the prompt, that means you were missing a single quote when you pressed enter. So you should be able to finish the command by entering '; in the prompt. I’ve also seen (> as the prompt, that means you were missing a parenthesis. So you should be able to finish that by entering );

no puedo avanzar en mi curso de bash, la plataforma no me deja avanzar …que puedo hacer ???

Hello all. I am just trying to start the first bash course. I go to login, authenticated with my github and it redirects. Then I click the button and it tries to authenticate/redirect me. Over and over again. But I am never able to load a container ever because it never seems to authenticate my session via FCC page. I even checked page and no containers have been started. I am a bit baffled. Any advice? (i checked on site itself and my profile is indeed hooked up). Thank you.

(you can see from tabs how many attempts have been made)

it is the ‘l’, not ‘1’
ls -l

This is likely because third party cookies are blocked for that browser @PaulACoroneos. There’s some more explanation here. I would see if you can allow those in your browser and try again. Let us know how it goes :+1:

Sorry I forgot to follow up last night. I looked at network tab and realized I was going into an infinite loop network request wise. That then hinted me retry logic to parse something was firing which as you said is an indicator of a cookie being blocked. I disabled browser protection for that site and it remediated condition.

That being said cookie being blocked handling should be more graceful. I’d recommend to that team that after 5 retries they should present some messaging to customer that it couldn’t parse a cookie rather than just dumping consumer back with no messaging whatsoever.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

In the first Bash course, I (believe) I’ve created the client directory, but the test will not pass. I also followed all the ‘hints’ to make sure I am doing it right… any ideas?

Hi, i´m having some troubles with an excercise related with moving a .svg image from the website folder to the icons folder within the first bas course. I’m moving the document but it doesn´t pass , i’ve reset the excercise several times and log out of my account but still not work. Thanks.

Hi,

I tried to enter commands in the terminal with my macbook pro. But i cant type any special characters like \ or {}, because every time I hit the option button on my keyboard I can’t type.
Is it possible to change this in the settings of VSCode?

Thanks in advance!
Greetings
Anton

1 Like

hi, my run button isn’t working… don’t know what’s wrong

I’m getting the error ‘Test runer failed’
I tried restarting everything but it still isn’t working…
What should i do?

1 Like

This seems to have resolved itself. My process was correct, but the program didn’t register the correct answer. I took a break for a day, came back to the lesson and everything had progressed :shrug:

I am trying to start “Build a Mario Database” but it shows nothing after I clicked it as the screenshot below :

1 Like

what should i do next after i finished mario database?

Hello, i need help in below challenge, i think there is some issue in the test cases, as i have done what is requested. i tried creating it manually and with commands, but that did not worked. If somebody is done with it can you guide please!

Update: Since i am not allowed to reply for 3 replies, so edited the post:

I helped myself in that :slight_smile: i reset this particular challenge and tried it again, and whooosssh it worked.

In the Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate lesson, I can’t pass the test when I view the packages.json file.

i have finished the project but it keeps saying like that