Running the Relational Database Curriculum in your Browser

how to add the text? i used echo and it does not work

hey dude, how to add #!/bin/bash to insert_data.sh, i used echo but it does not work

add it manually in the file. and if you want to echo it use escape characters to do it.

The last assignment in ā€œLearn Git by Building an SQL Reference Objectā€ does not work through the ā€œgit logā€ command because you have to press ā€˜qā€™ to exit the view. It worked through the ā€œgit log --onelineā€ command.

@yuchit Iā€™ve encountered this a few times now as well. In the Mario course, in the Celestial Bodies project and just today when starting the Bash Scripting course.

I havenā€™t identified the for sure issue, but here are some things Iā€™ve done which have gotten it to work again and successfully display the CodeAlly login button:

1. Reset Chromeā€™s history and cache (Iā€™m pretty sure this had no effect, but I did do this first).
  2. Open Firefox and try it there (or another alternate browser of your choice).
  3. Log into GitHub in separate window (I did this today and when I re-clicked the start course button it fired right up.
  4. Opened in incognito mode (again, I donā€™t think this had an effect)

I suspect thereā€™s just a glitch in the Matrix because each time Iā€™ve encountered this, itā€™s resolved itself at different points in my trials.

Keep leaning forward!
:raised_hands:

@ sieis Thank you for the inputs. I tried Firefox but it does not move anywhere either after it shows up the editor screenā€¦ Not really sure whatā€™s wrong from my endā€¦ :roll_eyes:

If you want to open a new Terminal:

• click on the hamburger icon then go into Terminal > New Terminal.

If you want to open the tutorial:

• click on the hamburger icon then go into View > Command Paletteā€¦
  • then select the option CodeRoad: Start
1 Like

What @Meimato said @yuchit - You should just have to start CodeRoad manually. Thereā€™s a gif at the top of this post showing how to do that. CodeRoad is supposed to start automatically, sometimes it doesnā€™t.

2 Likes

@Meimato and @moT01

Thanks a lot! I got it now. :pray:

There are some issues with the coderoad tests. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesnā€™t. It is really a frustrating issue. Tests your patience.

I have completed the salon-shop challenge. But its not updating as done in the FCC website. Because of that I am not able to submit the github solution. Its not even showing as completed for the challenge before that i.e: bike-shop. Please look into this as it is slowing down the pace alot!

I was having the same issue a few days back, just be sure to put the correct link and just wait a few hours it will show that youā€™ve completed the challenge. Donā€™t need to worry about this or anything it just takes a while.

You shouldnā€™t need to wait a few hours I donā€™t think - unless thereā€™s some behavior I donā€™t know about. I donā€™t know why an http request would take a few hours though.

Did you try all the troubleshooting steps above @ojasthakurx? Maybe give them another try.

Its working now. But it sure makes me anxious to keep working on this because its not the first time this has happened through out this course and it wastes a lot of time and energy trying to troubleshoot.

the certification is still in beta, thank you for helping making it better!

1 Like

Thatā€™s understandable @ojasthakurx. Many users have had issues, we are continuing to try and make these more stable - but I think weā€™ve been able to help users work through the issues theyā€™ve come across most of the time. I was able to complete all the lessons and projects with minimal to no issues - thatā€™s just me, I know what the tests are expecting. Hereā€™s some motivation: Relational Databases With freeCodeCamp - DEV Community

1 Like

Number Guessing Game Project.
I am currently having issue passing two of the tests below:

• If that username has been used before, it should print Welcome back, <username>! You have played <games_played> games, and your best game took <best_game> guesses. , with <username> being a users name from the database, <games_played> being the total number of games that user has played, and <best_game> being the fewest number of guesses it took that user to win the game

• If the username has not been used before, you should print Welcome, <username>! It looks like this is your first time here.

However, when I run the script, the right message gets printed accordingly. I have reset and reload severally with same result every time. Could this be a bug in the tests?
I attached two screen shots of the script result when I ran it.
Returning user:

New user:

I would appreciate a review of my issue.

Can you share your script and a dump of your database using command in the instructions @oromesuo1. I would add them in a repo or something and share the link if you can so it doesnā€™t take a ton of space here. Thanks.

Ok, I will as soon as I am able load my remote env completely.