Running the Relational Database Curriculum in your Browser

Below is the link the file on Github.

@moT01 , is it possible to reset a course to it very beginning? If yes I would like to know how to reset my Build a Periodic table database course to its very beginning. I have tampered with project files and the course has stopped loading fully.

Found the problem I think. The issue is that you are capitalizing the first letter of the usernames. The test adds a user (e.g. user_#######), and is looking for the message using that username, but doesn’t find it. I would just change your script so it adds the users as they are input (don’t capitalize them) - that should work. I will make an issue to make the tests check those case insensitively.

Yes, you can start from scratch using the instructions here @oromesuo1

Thank you very much! This solves my problem.

@moT01 , You are just too much. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
God bless you greatly. I have been stuck here for the past 24hrs. Project completed!

Build a Periodic Table Database Project
I am having an issue the Run button of this project-the Run Button keeps spinning. The problem started after a created the element.sh file and added some code. I can only stop the button from spinning continuously by commenting out a portion of the code and reloading the page.
Below is the link to the Github repo for the files.

Kindly help review as this seems most likely to be a kind of bug with the tests.

Build a Mario database Lesson
I am having an issue during this lesson. Everything was working well and then a PANIC statement appeared. The server tried to reconnect and failed. Not when i try to log in again to the server the following statement appears and doesn’t let me advance.
ÂżAny tips on how to solve it or what happened?

Try to log into the postgres database. If that is successful, then list your databases to see if the mario_database is there.

Thx for the reply. Tried that, but couldn’t connect either.
The thing that finally made the fix was restarting Windows + updates + clearing cache.
After i logued in again, the terminal was now connected to the server.

Thanks for reporting @oromesuo1. Yes, there’s a bug in the tests - they can hang and not finish under certain circumstances. Here, it looks like the test is trying to run ./element.sh and ./element.sh H, among other commands, and your script doesn’t finish. It prompts the test for input, which the test doesn’t give. You can run your script with those commands to see.

I made an issue about it and will fix it. For now, if the tests hang like that, here’s what I would suggest - close CodeRoad, make sure your script will finish when entering commands like that, and open CodeRoad back up.

Thanks for the response. How do I open CodeRoad backup?

There a gif at the top @oromesuo1

I have actually been doing that with element.sh running as expected. However, CodeRoad back up (Run Button) just keeps spinning continuously immediately I open it.

Here are the complete project files:

Build a Periodic Table Database Project
If anyone has finished this project successfully, I would like to know how to get the test Run Button to stop spinning continuously and get the test to run normally.
Even after I have enabled third party cookies on my browser, the problem still persists.

Did you see my response above @oromesuo1? Did you try that.

I am trying to load again my work done in learn-relational-databases-by-building-a-mario-database. So in the online terminal I put:

codeally:~/project$ psql --username=freecodecamp dbname=postgres

And a message appears:

psql: error: connection to server on socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting connections on that socket?

I would like to know how to load my work done, please.

1 Like

Yes, I did. I have even gone ahead to start the project afresh after enabling third party cookies on my browser. The result is still the same (Run Button spins continuously).

Try to reload the course afresh and see whether it will connect.