Scatterplot Test #8

8. The data-yvalue and its corresponding dot should align with the corresponding point/value on the y-axis.
Cannot read property ‘length’ of null

I’ve got all other tests passing, and the values line up visually just fine. I’m not sure where the test is trying to read length so I have no idea how to fix this one.

Everything works how I want it to. The values are displaying correctly, the axes are lined up correctly…but I can’t submit the solution because Test #8 isn’t passing.

I’ve been stuck on this for days, trying everything I can think of. I’m clearly missing something. I guess it’s because my data-yvalue and the actual y value are using different numbers, but I’ve tried everything I can think of to align them and nothing seems to make Test #8 happy.

Any ideas?

.domain([minSec, maxSec])

Once again, I made a domain mistake–though a different kind since the requirements were different. Once again, you pointed me in the right direction. Thank you, @SpaniardDev.

I had to change my y-axis values and my data-yvalue and my tickformat to get it all working, but it finally passes all the tests.

Now I can move on and get frustrated by the next D3/SVG project! Cheers!

Good luck on your D3 journey! :smile: