Screen Real-Estate

Hi All :slight_smile:

I am working my way through the curriculum on my chromebook and have noticed that my screen is too small to properly have the compiler and the preview open at the same time. Is there a way that I can have the preview window in one monitor and my code in another, or any tips?

I have found that I can follow the instructions and get my code to pass quite reliably, but once I am onto doing the projects and am left to my own devices I can’t remember how to do anything! (I thought I was doing so well too!)

My thinking is that if I re-do the curriculum and I can see my changes happening in real time on a full screen I’ll have a better understanding of what they are doing and be able to commit them to memory more successfully, rather than just following the instructions.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Welcome there,

We do have an idea in the works for splitting the preview and editor into different windows:

Until then, I do not have much better alternative other than using your second monitor as an extension of the same window - use the same window on both monitors, but half in one, and half in the other.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply! That would help a lot I think, that being said, there is no doubt benefit in doing it this way as I have realised on my own that I am completing the tasks without taking proper notice of what changes are being made and am now re-assessing the way in which I will continue my studies. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.