Seeking feedback for my fullstack image upscaling web app

Hi,

I’ve been working on a personal project for a while now, which is an image upscaling web app that uses AI to enhance images 4x! It’s called upsc’ai’le.

Tech Stack: I learned Flask for the backend, integrating a few APIs for image enhancement and hosting, and I also used Redis to count the total upscales. I designed the frontend with Bootstrap/HTML/CSS/JS.

Functionality: When the user uploads an image, it is sent to Cloudinary so that an accessible URL can be generated. Next, the upscaling API accepts a URL to an image and upscales it using artificial intelligence algorithms like ESRGAN and SWIN-IR. Then, the URL to this upscaled image is fetched from the resulting JSON response and incorporated into the web page. Finally, to ensure data privacy, the original user-uploaded image is immediately deleted from the Cloudinary server.
As a whole, this process takes just about 5-10 seconds.

URL: You can find my app at https://upscaile.onrender.com/ (Github linked in About)

I would highly appreciate your feedback on any aspect of my app, thanks!

1 Like

Hello!

This is perfect, both from a functionality and technical standpoint. If you haven’t already, put rate limiters in place to avoid abuse.

For a commercial project, you will need a lot of marketing. This niche, online image editing, is pretty packed and competitive.

If this is a portfolio project, it will raise your chances to get an interview by 10. This is the kind of project junior developers should focus on.

Well done.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the forum @adibak

Your site looks fantastic.

I was very impressed at the high resolution image produced.

• Instead of upsc'ai'le how about: SmartRes, Magic Magnifier
  • are there other export formats?

The slider overlaps on smaller viewports.

Happy coding

1 Like

No way! That’s really really cool.
Site looks fantastic, it functions well, it’s cool as hell…
10/10

I’ll be using this often :blue_heart:

Cheers

1 Like