Several questions related to Random Quote Generator [Solved]

I’m having 2 problems I would love help with.

First problem
I’ve been working on the Random Quote Generator for a couple of days. I have the quote generation working, but it is messy. I have the quotes array in my code twice to make it work, which is stupid, but is the only way I have gotten it to work. I have a function which calls a random quote when the page loads and another to load quotes and change page styling when the button is clicked. I have the quotes array inside both of these functions.

When I take it out of the functions the button clicking function does not fully work. It only modifies the styling for some reason.

Second problem
I’m basically just lost on the tweet button. I’ve read the Twitter documentation and I’m just confused. Nothing I’ve done has any effect on the Twitter icon when you click it. I’ve turned it into a button. I’ve left it as is. If I could figure out how to simply have it react at all when clicking on it, I’m confident I know how to pull the quote into it.

Below are two Codepens.
In this one the quote generation is working when you click the button.

In this one only the quote generation at loading works.

Thanks for your help.

Aha! That makes sense. I’ve been working on that all day. Thanks.

Wow. Thanks.

I knew it was easier than I was trying to make it. I’m going to have to sit down and make sure I understand this before I move forward. I’ve looked a number of other projects trying to figure this out and watched about 3 hours of tutorials on jQuery trying to see if this tweet button thing would just come to me.

Of course by “easier” I mean, less code. Having not full digested jQuery yet, I need to do a little studying to have a better understanding so I can pull this off on my own.