SharePoint modern view formatting with JSON

My STYLE is accepted but it overrides the ATTRIBUTES: Class. How would you suggest I take advantage of incorporating the if(indexOf(@currentField inside the STYLE - which will allow me to do a wildcard ? What I need to look in fields of my SharePoint list that contain either a - or / which says its a date and change the color of that text. Here’s my code - the STYLE overrrides the ATTRIBUTES:

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "elmType": "div",
  "debugMode": true,
  "txtContent": "@currentField",
  "style": {
    "font-weight": "bold",
    "background-color": "blue",
    "padding": "4px",
    "color": "=if(@currentField == 'NY', '#D2B48C', if(@currentField == 'MLK' , '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'PRES', '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'MEM', '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'INDEP', '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'LABOR', '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'TURKEY', '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'CHRIS', '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'Tan = Holiday in Time Period', '#D2B48C',if(@currentField == 'Anthony', 'red', if(@currentField == 'Hugh' , 'red',if(@currentField == 'John', 'red',if(@currentField == 'Lan', 'red',if(@currentField == 'Dan', 'red',if(@currentField == 'Jeremy', 'red',if(@currentField == 'Cory', 'red',if(@currentField == 'Mark', '#FFFF00',if(@currentField == 'Angelo', '#FFFF00',if(@currentField == 'Robert', '#FFFF00', 'black')))))))))))))))))))"
  },
  "attributes": {
    "class": "=if(indexOf(@currentField,'-') != -1 || indexOf(@currentField,'/') != -1, 'ms-fontColor-redDark','' )"
  }
}