Should i continue building site on wordpress?

Hey I’ve just started learning web development but I’m very good at wordpress. I was thinking should I continue enhance my wordpress skill or I need to learn actual website making without any CMS.

It depends on what you want to do. If you really like working with Wordpress and you are successful doing it professionally, then there’s nothing wrong with continuing to build those skills. I do think it’s a good idea to begin learning web development so that you aren’t bound to a CMS forever. Technology moves fast, web technology doubly so. As programmers we are always in a race against obsolescence.

1 Like

Learning to build websites without a CMS like WordPress will only make your CMS skills better. Anything you learn building a website from scratch, any html, css, javascript or jquery, anything to do with database manipulation, all of it can and will be used working with WordPress. Just toss in some PHP and you’ll be doing custom page templates, creating or extending plugins, making your own WordPress themes.