Small correction for this challenge

Tell us what’s happening:
This exercise can be a bit challenging for the wrong reason. They are asking you to change the background color but fail to mention using the “background-image” tag.

It took me a few minutes to realize this. I usually have few issues with these lessons but a small oversight can really stump some folks.
For reference try using this:

example:
background-image:linear-gradient(90deg, red, yellow, rgb(204, 204, 255));

Notice the inclusion of the word image at the beginning of this.
Your code so far

<style>
div {
  border-radius: 20px;
  width: 70%;
  height: 400px;
  margin: 50px auto;
  background-image:linear-gradient(35deg, #CCFFFF, #FFCCCC);

}

</style>

<div></div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.104 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Create a Gradual CSS Linear Gradient

Link to the challenge:

I did not have to use background-image to pass this challenge. I just copy/pasted the example in the instructions and changed the values as requested.

Are you are referring to the Hint page?
https://forum.freecodecamp.org/t/freecodecamp-challenge-guide-create-a-gradual-css-linear-gradient

The correct property for a linear-gradient is background-image, however when using the background shorthand property you are setting it without explicitly specifying the longhand property.

If you look at the computed properties you will see it is set for the background-image property.

MDN: linear-gradient()

Because <gradient>s belong to the <image> data type, they can only be used where <image>s can be used. For this reason, linear-gradient() won’t work on background-color and other properties that use the <color> data type.