Stuck on Survey Form (Your #name should require input.)

Hi everyone,

I’m stuck at this point and don’t really understand what this task means.
I’ve added the “id” and also “name” attribute. Been a while , still cant figure it out.

Appreciate any kind of help or further tip,

Regards,

My Code:

HTML

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>Survey Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <div id="container">
    <h1 id="title">Tirana Coding Camp(TCC) Survey Form</h1>
    <p id="description">Thank you for taking the time to help us improve the platform</p>   
    <form id="survey-form">

<fieldset>
        <label id="name-label">Name <input type="text" id="name" name="name"  placeholder="Enter your name" /> </label>
        <label id="email-label">Email <input type="email" id="email" name="email" placeholder="Enter your Email" /> </label>
        <label id="number-label">Age (optional) <input type="number" id="number" name="Age" placeholder="Age" min="12" max="99" /> </label>

</fieldset>

<fieldset>
        <label>Which option best describes your current role?
          <select id="dropdown" name="role">
            <option>Select current role</option>
            <option>Student</option>
            <option>Full Time Job</option>
            <option>Full Time Learner</option>
            <option>Prefer not to say</option>
            <option>Other</option>

</select>
        </label>

<label>
          Would you recommend TCC to a friend?
          <input type="radio" name="user-recommend" value="definitely" class="inline" />Definitely
        </label>

<label>
          <input type="radio" name="user-recommend" value="maybe" class="inline" />Maybe
        </label>

<label>
          <input type="radio" name="user-recommend" value="not sure" class="inline" />Not sure
        </label>

<label>What is your favorite feature of TCC?
          <select id="dropdown" name="fav_feature">
            <option value="">Select an option</option>
            <option value="1">Challenges</option>
            <option value="2">Projects</option>
            <option value="3">Community</option>
            <option value="4">Open Source</option>
          </select>
        </label>
      </fieldset>

<fieldset>
        <label>What would you like to see improved? (Check all that apply)
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="front-end-projects" class="inline" />Front-end Projects
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="back-end-projects" class="inline" />Back-end Projects
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="data-visualization" class="inline" />Data Visualization
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="challenges" class="inline" />Challenges
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="open-source-community" class="inline" />Open Source Community
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="gitter-help-rooms" class="inline" />Gitter help rooms
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="videos" class="inline" />Videos
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="city-meetups" class="inline" />City Meetups
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="wiki" class="inline" />Wiki
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="forum" class="inline" />Forum
        </label>
        <label>
          <input type="checkbox" name="prefer" value="additional-courses" class="inline" />Additional Courses
        </label>

<label>
          Any comments or suggestions? <textarea name="suggestions" rows="5" cols="60" placeholder="Enter your comment here..."></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <input id="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" >

</form>
    </div>
  </body>

</html>

CSS

body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  /*
  background-image:url(https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/survey-tablet-computer-man-holding-134040615.jpg);
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-size: cover;
  background-position: center;
  */
  background-color: 	#2F4F4F;
  font-family: 'Tahoma', sans-serif;
  font-size: 1rem;
  color:white;
}

#container {
  background-color: black;
  margin: 2rem 15%;
}

h1, p {
  margin:1em auto;
  width:100%;
  position:relative;
  text-align: center;

}

form {
  width: 60vw;
  ;
  max-width: 550px;
  min-width: 300px;
  margin:0 auto;
  padding-bottom: 2em;

}

fieldset {
  padding:2rem 0;
  border:none;

}

label {
  display:block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;

}

input,textarea, select {
  background-color:#203737;
  margin:10px 0 0 0;
  width:100%;
  min-height:1em;
}

input, textarea {

border: 1px solid #0a0a23;
  color: #ffffff;
  border:none;
}

::placeholder {
  opacity: 1;
}

.inline{
  width:unset;
  margin:0 0.5rem 0 0;
  vertical-align: center;
}

input[type="text"] {
  margin: 0 0;
}

input[type="submit"] {
  display:block;
  width: 60%;
  margin: 1em auto;
  height: 2em;
  font-size: 1.0rem;
  border: solid 1px white;
  min-width: 300px;
}

#dropdown {
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

your first radio button should be checked by default

Appreciate your tip, yeah that is correct but my question is not related to that topic.

1 Like

You need to use required attribute for both inputs.

2 Likes

Wow, yeah right. That solved the issue. Thanks a lot buddy !

Just to ask you an additional question related to CSS. Do you have any idea how can I move those labels as a new Line. Tried a couple of things but haven’t figure it out yet.
You can check the photo as below: (as for the codes you can find them attached up on the main article):

@gertihysenaj06 You have not given a label tag to Definitely text, label is set as a block level element in your css file so when you wrap an input element around it, it will be on a new line

Have you tried using <br>?

1 Like

You can also wrap the questions in a p element outside of the label element.

2 Likes

Actually I’m not much into “breaks”. Usually “breaks” are a indicator of poor semantic elements. Their main use in within Poems, address ect.
I think I should go with “p” element outside the label, even though I’m sure that there is another way.
Thanks again

1 Like

I like your mindset, that’s true. I find br to be a lazy way of solving a problem, too. Lol

1 Like

@spark07 I think I should go with that. I don’t know why I think there is a better way though. I think thats because I compare it with this example:

The text is not within “p” element but the input to width 100% makes it start on a new line.

I try to apply same on my own code , it works but then the inline structure beetween radio buttons and text falls out. I try it to add “width:unset” than it goes up back again.

So I guess I should better go with paragraph element. I assume that’s the only recommended option.

Thank you mate !!

Cheers,

2 Likes

The text is not wihin a p tag cause in that case, that text is the label text.

But in your case : the option text Definitely is the label text and not the question.(The label text for the input)

I also wanna add that the class inline is there to “unset” the width of the inputs, so by just removing it (or commenting it) , the radio inputs will once again have a width of 100%.

1 Like

I’ve created this form using other block elements those makes styling much easier.

codepen demo

2 Likes

Thanks, love you man

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.