Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

I’m at my wits end. The name-label element appears to be correct but when I try to do the exact same thing with the email and number elements, they come back as incorrect. I’ve been working on this for hours and cannot figure out why one is correct and the other two are wrong.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <body>
    <h1 id="title">Survey Form</h1>
    <p id="description">Please fill out this form regarding your own personal culinary experiences/opinions.</p>
    <form id="survey-form">
<input id="name" required type="text" placeholder="Name"> <label id="name-label"</label>  

<input id="email" required type="email" placeholder="Email"> <label id="email-label"</label>

<input id="number" type="number" min="10" max="10" placeholder="Number"> <label id="number-label"</label> 

</form>

/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS aarch64 14909.100.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

The label opening tag is missing the > character

Same in the next 2 line’s label too.

Ok, so I went and added the > symbol to all 3. I’m still getting the same error message but now the name label is incorrect as well.

what does your new code look like?
Also what is the error message?

The new code is as follows
<input id="email" required type="email" placeholder="Email"> <label id="email-label"</label>
The error message is as follows
Your #email-label should contain text that describes the input.

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

you are still missing a > to close out the opening tag
and you need to use the attribute for not id in the label

As for the error message, they want you to follow the instructions to create a some questions in the survey form.
That means adding some text between the label opening tag and its closing tag (once you have a proper opening tag)

Eg of properly formed label

<label>Enter something:</label>

For some reason, my complete code keeps getting cut off when I type the whole piece out. I did add the > but am baffled why the first section was for the name. I typed the code the exact same way as the instructions were the same for all 3. For some reason, the name section is perfectly fine and getting no error messages. Also, when I replace the id with for, I get a new error that states that I should have used id.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.