Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

I have already created select id=“dropdown”, however, it keeps saying that i missed that part and could not pass this exam. I have spent an hour to debug and find out the use of

Please post your code.

Sorry sunilaadewar, I am new here and this is my first time to ask question. Can I just paste the code here? or it will be decoded as html and showing the final output?

<!DOCTYEP html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet">
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1 id="title">freeCodeCamp Survey Form</h1>
    <p id="description">Thank you for taking the time to help us improve the platform</p>
    <form id="survey-form">
      <fieldset>
        <label id="name-label">Name<input type="text" id="name" name="name" required placeholder="Enter your name">        
        </label>
        <label id="email-label">Email<input type="email" id="email" name="email" required placeholder="Enter your Email">
        </label>
        <label id="number-label">Age (optional)<input type="number" id="number" name="number" min="13" max="120" placeholder="Age">
        </label>
        <label id="dropdown">Which option best describes your current role?</label>
        <select id="dropdown" name="dropdown">
          <option value="current">Selection current role</option>
          <option value="student">Student</option>
          <option value="job">Full Time Job</option>
          <option value="learner">Full Time Learner</option>
          <option value="not-say">Prefer not to say</option>
          <option value="other">Other</option>
        </select>
        <label id="recommend">Would you recommend freeCodeCamp to a friend?
          <input type="radio" id="definitely" name="recommend" value="1">Definitely
          <input type="radio" id="maybe" name="recommend" value="2">Maybe
          <input type="radio" id="notsure" name="recommend" value="3">Not sure
        </label>
        <label id="dropdown2">What is your favorite feature of freeCodeCamp?</label>
        <select id="dropdown2">
          <option value="select">Selection an option</option>
          <option value="challenges">Challenges</option>
          <option value="projects">Projects</option>
          <option value="community">Community</option>
          <option value="open-scource">Open Source</option>
        </select>
        <label id="recommend">What would you like to see improved? (Check all that apply)
          <input type="checkbox" id="front-end-projects" name="front-end-projects" value="front">Front-end Projects
          <input type="checkbox" id="back-end-projects" name="back-end-projects" value="back">Back-end Projects
          <input type="checkbox" id="data-visualization" name="data-visualization" value="data">Data Visualization
          <input type="checkbox" id="challenges" name="challenges" value="challenges">Challenges
          <input type="checkbox" id="open-source-community" name="open-source-community" value="open-scource">Open Source Community
          <input type="checkbox" id="gitter-help-rooms" name="gitter-help-rooms" value="gitter">Gitter help rooms
          <input type="checkbox" id="videos" name="videos" value="videos">Videos
          <input type="checkbox" id="city-meetups" name="city-meetups" value="city-meetups">City Meetups
          <input type="checkbox" id="wiki" name="wiki" value="wiki">Wiki
          <input type="checkbox" id="forum" name="forum" value="forum">Forum
          <input type="checkbox" id="additional-courses" name="additional-courses" value="addtional">Addtional Courses
        </label>
        <label>Any comments or suggestions?
          <textarea></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <button id="submit"></button>
    </form>
  </body>
  <footer></footer>
</html>

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

you have multiple syntax errors in this code.
Please try to fix them all and your issue will be solved along the way.
Here’s a validator that will show you what they are

Thank you very much, i managed to post my code here.
Thanks.
I am so frustrated that I couldnt locate where the error occur.

<!DOCTYEP html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet">
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1 id="title">freeCodeCamp Survey Form</h1>
    <p id="description">Thank you for taking the time to help us improve the platform</p>
    <form id="survey-form">
      <fieldset>
        <label id="name-label">Name<input type="text" id="name" name="name" required placeholder="Enter your name">        
        </label>
        <label id="email-label">Email<input type="email" id="email" name="email" required placeholder="Enter your Email">
        </label>
        <label id="number-label">Age (optional)<input type="number" id="number" name="number" min="13" max="120" placeholder="Age">
        </label>
        <label id="dropdown">Which option best describes your current role?</label>
        <select id="dropdown" name="dropdown">
          <option value="current">Selection current role</option>
          <option value="student">Student</option>
          <option value="job">Full Time Job</option>
          <option value="learner">Full Time Learner</option>
          <option value="not-say">Prefer not to say</option>
          <option value="other">Other</option>
        </select>
        <label id="recommend">Would you recommend freeCodeCamp to a friend?
          <input type="radio" id="definitely" name="recommend" value="1">Definitely
          <input type="radio" id="maybe" name="recommend" value="2">Maybe
          <input type="radio" id="notsure" name="recommend" value="3">Not sure
        </label>
        <label id="dropdown2">What is your favorite feature of freeCodeCamp?</label>
        <select id="dropdown2">
          <option value="select">Selection an option</option>
          <option value="challenges">Challenges</option>
          <option value="projects">Projects</option>
          <option value="community">Community</option>
          <option value="open-scource">Open Source</option>
        </select>
        <label id="recommend">What would you like to see improved? (Check all that apply)
          <input type="checkbox" id="front-end-projects" name="front-end-projects" value="front">Front-end Projects
          <input type="checkbox" id="back-end-projects" name="back-end-projects" value="back">Back-end Projects
          <input type="checkbox" id="data-visualization" name="data-visualization" value="data">Data Visualization
          <input type="checkbox" id="challenges" name="challenges" value="challenges">Challenges
          <input type="checkbox" id="open-source-community" name="open-source-community" value="open-scource">Open Source Community
          <input type="checkbox" id="gitter-help-rooms" name="gitter-help-rooms" value="gitter">Gitter help rooms
          <input type="checkbox" id="videos" name="videos" value="videos">Videos
          <input type="checkbox" id="city-meetups" name="city-meetups" value="city-meetups">City Meetups
          <input type="checkbox" id="wiki" name="wiki" value="wiki">Wiki
          <input type="checkbox" id="forum" name="forum" value="forum">Forum
          <input type="checkbox" id="additional-courses" name="additional-courses" value="addtional">Addtional Courses
        </label>
        <label>Any comments or suggestions?
          <textarea></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <button id="submit"></button>
    </form>
  </body>
  <footer></footer>
</html>

Thank you so much everyone, you guys replied instantly.
Thanks for the debug tool, it helped me alot.
it was due to multiple id, i named a label as “dropdown” and then i named select as “dropdown” again.

Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like