Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

I messed up about half this stuff and I need some real guidance.
Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<DOCTYPE html>
  <meta charset="UTF-8 <link rel="stylesheet" href=styles.css>
  <font-family: sans-serif;,"arial;"></font-family:>
  <h1 id=title> Survey on How to be a Man<h1>
    <body><p id="description">This survey has to do with being a man in a women's world.<p>
      <main><form input id="survey-form" type="text" required id="name"> Survey of manliness</form>
      <input id="email"id="name" type="email">Are you a man?</input>
      <input id="number" type="number" min="7"max="12"
<label id="name-label" placeholder="name">Put name here.</label>
<label id="email-label" placeholder="email">Put email here.</label>
      <label id="number-label" placeholder="age">Put age here.</label>
<select id="dropdown"option="name" option"email"></select> 
  <input type="radio" value"manly" name="manly">manly</input>
  <input type="radio" value"not manly" name="not manly" >not manly</input> 
  <input type="checkbox" value="womenly">womenly</input>
  <input type="checkbox"value="not womenly">not womenly</input><survey-"form"<#textarea id="manly"></textarea></survey-form> 
  <button id="submit" type="submit" >submit</button></survey>
  </main></body>   
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Here are the common errors that I am seeing.

Unclosed HTML elements.

All HTML elements need to be properly closed.

For example here

The meta tag needs to be properly closed

<meta charset="UTF-8">

You will need to go through the entire HTML document and double check that all HTML elements are properly closed.

Invalid HTML elements.

There are a few instances where you are not using correct HTML elements

For example here

and here

You will need to go through the entire HTML document and make sure all of your html elements are valid

Incorrect syntax for attributes

There are a few instances where you are using the incorrect syntax for html attributes

For example

attributes should follow this syntax unless you are using the required attribute

attributeName="value"

You will need to go through the html document and make sure to use correct syntax for attributes.

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Will the W3C markup Val show me what to use and what qualifies as cheating? I don’t want to get kicked out of the program because I didn’t know what you guys consider cheating. Many thanks nice person

Using the W3C is not considered cheating.
The validator will just tell you what’s wrong.
You will still need to manually fix the issues yourself.

Cheating would be if you copied someones else’s code from a github repo or somewhere else and tried to pass it off as your own.
That’s cheating because you didn’t write any of that code and didn’t do anything.
Also, cheating would be if you copied all of the code from the freeCodeCamp sample projects and tried to pass it off as your own

1 Like

Hi can you tell me what this means? 1. Error: Element head is missing a required instance of child element title.From line 1, column 23; to line 1, column 33ml> <html><lang="en">↩<head

Content model for element head:
If the document is an iframe srcdoc document or if title information is available from a higher-level protocol: Zero or more elements of metadata content, of which no more than one is a title element and no more than one is a base element.
Otherwise: One or more elements of metadata content, of which exactly one is a title element and no more than one is a base element.

1. Warning: Element name lang="en" cannot be represented as XML 1.0.From line 1, column 23; to line 1, column 33ml> <html><lang="en">↩<head
  2. Error: Element lang="en" not allowed as child of element body in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)From line 1, column 23; to line 1, column 33ml> <html><lang="en">↩<head

Content model for element body:
Flow content.

All of the error messages you are receiving for the head are because you do not have the correct HTML boilerplate code here.

I would suggest reviewing the first HTML project here because it shows you how to create a correct doctype and head section

Once you fix that, then those error messages for the head will go away

You were looking at somethng I did much earlier and you (i guess) haven’t seen the latest version of my work on this.

If you have an updated version of your code, it would help to post it here

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

I tried to send you a message and I guess it didn’t get to you. I wanted to know in visual studio code their is some software that is artificial intelligence and I don’t know if it is against the rules to use AI or not. Please Advise

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.