Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Tell us what’s happening:

hello , i have a problem with the Build a Survey Form , i have everything good actually but only one thing related to submit button, whatever i tried still stuck there , i did everything i told the code looks perfect but still get the message error

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
  <meta charaset="UTF-8">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
  <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet"/>
  <title>Test form</title>
</head>
<body>
  <h1 id="title">freeCodeCamp Survey Form</h1>
  <p id="description">Thank you for taking the time to help us improve the platform</p>
  <form id="survey-form"> 
<label id="name-label">Name
  <input class="info" id="name" type="text" required placeholder="enter your name"/></label>
<label id="email-label">Email<input class="info"
id="email" type="email" required placeholder="enter your email" /></label>
<label id="number-label">Age <small>(optional)</small><input class="info" id="number" type="number" placeholder="20" min="18" max="100"/></label>
<label for="current-role">Which option best describes your current role?</label>
<select id="dropdown">
  <option selected disabled value="">select cuttent role</option>
  <option value="1">Student</option>
  <option value="2">Full Time Job</option>
  <option value="3">Full Time Learner</option>
  <option value="4">Prefer not to say</option>
  <option value="5">Other</option>
</select>
 <label>Would you recommend freeCodeCamp to a friend?</label> 
<label id="choice1"><input id="choice1" type="radio" class="inline" name="help-us" value="definitely"/>Definitely</label>
<label><input id="choice2" type="radio" class="inline" name="help-us" value="maybe"/>Maybe</label>
<label><input id="choice3" type="radio" class="inline" name="help-us" value="not-sure"/>Not Sure</label>
  <label for="favorite-feature">What is your favorite feature of freeCodeCamp?</label>
  <select>
    <option value="" selected disabled >select an option</option>
    <option value="1">Challenges</option>
    <option value="2">Projects</option>
    <option value="3">Community </option>
    <option value="4">Open Source</option>
  </select>
  <label for="checkbox">What would you like to see improved? <small>(Check all that apply)<small></label>
  <label for="checkbox-1"><input id="checkbox-1" type="checkbox" class="a" value="front-end-projects">Front-end Projects</label>
  <label for="checkbox-2"><input id="checkbox-2" type="checkbox"class="a" value="back-end-projects">Back-end Projects</label>
  <label for="checkbox-3"><input id="checkbox-3" type="checkbox"class="a" value="data-visualization">Data Visualization</label>
  <label for="checkbox-4"><input id="checkbox-4" type="checkbox"class="a" value="challenges">Challenges</label>
  <label for="checkbox-5"><input id="checkbox-5" type="checkbox"class="a" value="open-source-community">Open Source Community</label>
  <label for="checkbox-6"><input id="checkbox-6" type="checkbox"class="a" value="gitter-help-rooms">Gitter help rooms</label>
  <label for="checkbox-7"><input id="checkbox-7" type="checkbox"class="a" value="videos">Videos</label>
  <label for="checkbox-8"><input id="checkbox-8" type="checkbox"class="a" value="city-meetups">City Meetups</label>
  <label for="checkbox-9"><input id="checkbox-9" type="checkbox"class="a" value="wiki">Wiki</label>
  <label for="checkbox-10"><input id="chekbox-10" type="checkbox"class="a" value="forum">Forum</label>
  <label for="checkbox-11"><input id="checkbox-11" type="checkbox"class="a" value="additional-courses">Additional Courses</label>
  <label for="textarea">Any comments or suggestions?</label>
<textarea id="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" placeholder="eneter your comment here.." rows="5" cols="100" maxlengh="500"></textarea>
 <button id="submit">Submit</button>
  </form>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10; K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Mobile Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Your textarea as well as the submit button have the same id of submit. This is confusing the tests. The id attribute is supposed to be unique for each element.

You will have to remove/change the id attribute of the textarea element.

1 Like

Yeah , thank you so much i noticed that earlier today , i have many things to learn about class and id and the correct way to use theme , i thought they are just selectors but now i aware of the use of them i will learn more with well of god .

The text area class and id it was just non-deleted line when i was trying to edit my HTML

1 Like