Survey Form - generally stuck

Hi all,

newbie here and just testing out the forum after digging around for a while.
I have studying on and off for the last year but have often lost momentum and forgotten so many things.

But thanks to FCC, I’m really eager to nail the fundamentals.

I am stuck on the second project and would love some help.
I’m unsure which 12 of the 17 tests I’ve passed and would love any advise to move forward.

also, I would like to do some borders around each section, I would like to centre the images and texts, I would like to have different sizes for text (unsure if to do inline or style sheet).

thank you,

Hi there @zenidith.

If you are ever unsure of what tests you are passing or not passing, you can click the following button to bring up all of the tests for that project…

test

Once you click the above button, the following list will pop up…

testss

Here you can read through and see what tests have not passed, as well as it’s requirement for a pass to occur.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

If you are unsure about how to do these things i would really suggest you go back and re-read the CSS tutorials again, it shouldn’t be too hard. And, yes you should use a style sheet (well the css box on Codepen) not inline.

oh this is great, thanks!

good point!

I will have a look back at previous lessons and see if I can fix some up.

1 Like

getting frustrated on steps 10 and 12.

on #10 my friend says I need to Put the id on my input, but its confused me a lot.
apparently it is very simple…

then on #12 * User Story #12: Inside the form element, I can select an option from a dropdown that has a corresponding id="dropdown" .

I put id=“dropdown” for one of the options and thought it would work, but it didn’t.

1. You need to add labels for the inputs, name, email, and age. Remember to give the labels the correct id as well.
<label for="name" id="name-label">Full Name:</label>
<input id="name" type="text" required placeholder="Enter your name" name="fullname">
  1. Your select element is not correct, you have two opening select tags and no closing tag
<select id="pet-select">
    <option value="">--Please choose an option--</option>
    <option value="dog">Dog</option>
    <option value="cat">Cat</option>
    <option value="hamster">Hamster</option>
</select>
2 Likes

thanks for your help.

I still can’t do it thought. i’ll keep trying to understand.
it feels so isolating though, when you’re just looking at the same code.

i know the frustrating feeling… but you will get there… for #10 (read the exercise, read the error, read your code):

1. For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id=“name-label”,id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”.

#name-label is not defined : expected null to not equal null

<label for="name">

I’m having a problem with Survey Form as well. #10#name-label not defined Would apreciate any help. Thank you for your time.

My Pen

1 Like

you are 99% there - just check spelling

2 Likes

Thank you. I looked right at that a 100 times. D’oh! Devil is in the details.

2 Likes

anybody please help me i have been trying fix those errors since two hours … couldnt find anything in my code but there is errors … Please help

Click the little arrow above your HTML, and click “Analyze HTML”. It’ll point out a couple of things that should help you.

1 Like

Capture|668x302

it says form wrapper has no starting tag. even there is a starting tag

and also errors numbers remains same after fixing some of other isuses shown by httml analyzer…

thanks a lot

Let’s go error by error here.

</br> is not a valid tag. As a side note, you don’t want to use <br> to force line breaks as a general rule. It makes your site less accessible.

On this one you close your <div> before you’ve closed your <form>. This is what’s failing your tests.

This one says you have no opening <form> tag. It will go away when you fix the <div> error above.

1 Like

thanks a ton… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

its all done ,… thanks for your time