Survey Form Project FCC

Good day everyone! Here I am again, two days in a row, who would believe that?
I just finished my survey project and I’d be more than happy to discuss what can be done better.

Thanks so much if you took the time to see it :slight_smile:

Hi @Flormcalvo, your form looks good. Just some things you may want to revisit;

• On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font(s) would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • There are a couple of things in the HTML section you can clean up. Ignore the col and row attributes being required. codepen is using an older validator and that is no longer true.
  • try and not use the <br> tag to force spacing. There are ways to group your buttons and checkboxes without using it.
  • change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the Submit button
1 Like

I really like the gradient in the background. You chose the correct colors.

I would suggest you add some margin to the top three inputs. They seem a little too close to each other.

If you are making a survey form for freecodecamp, I’d suggest you make the style of your page match it a little better; Such as:

• picking the font that freecodecamp’s main site uses
  • coloring the background the same as freecodecamp’s main site.
  • and more if you want.

For a second project, this is really nice. Great job,

Keep up the great work and keep on coding.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Roma, thanks so much for the reply.
1 & 2- Got it, I didnt know that. Those are some good tools I never used before!
3- Ok, good to know. I did it with a flex container now, what do you think?
4- Done!

1 Like

@Flormcalvo, very nice job! Glad to be of some help.
Happy coding!

1 Like

Sorry how can I link my project from codepen to this forum

@Ihenx, copy the URL from codepen. Click on the ‘New Topic’ button, give it a title that means something and paste in your link