Survey form project feedback (harry potter series survey)

Finished my survey form project, had fun with this one and experimented a bit with my use with flexbox would appreciate any feedback and pointers on things I may have gotten wrong.

I’m personally unsure about my use of a flexbox inside of a fieldset, was used purely for decorative reasons, still learning to make things as responsive as possible. Any criticism would be welcome.

https://codepen.io/Silenceisgod6/pen/eYgeeqx

1 Like

Your form looks good @silenceisgod6. Some things to revisit;

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Not sure if you realize but the value attribute actually overwrites the placeholder attribute making it a field the user doesn’t have to fill in
  • In the textarea it’s a bad UX to have the user have to delete the text in order to fill in what they want.
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

Thank you roma for your input, I will read the documentation you provided and look at what I did wrong with the line breaks. I was not aware that the value attribute overwrites the placeholder attribute.

Thank you I will fix this and keep this in mind in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.