Survey Form Project - Feedback?

Hello everyone, I’ve more or less bullied this code into doing what I wanted, it’s certainly been a challenge!
Here is a link to the finished files on my shiny new Github page, here is the preview of the entire project and finally, the Codepen itself. Yes, the Codepen has a bunch of useless CSS because of the easter egg hidden in the project preview :wink:.

Any feedback is great, some things I have noticed and would maybe like to improve are:

• The radio/checklist buttons could maybe sit vertically instead of horizontally, mainly to prevent it all being smushed up on mobile devices, but I couldn’t get display: block to work right.
  • Night Mode on mobile devices is a tad odd-looking, but I assume there’s nothing I can do about that?
  • Finally, again mobile, I’ve noticed some odd looking padding on mobile devices at the top of the page, where the background image is pushed ‘down’ the screen a little. I assume it has something to do with the formatting for mobile devices and the size/positioning of the background image, so any enlightening ideas in that regard are welcome!

Thanks for your time, feel free to critique the awful, awful aesthetic as well as the code! :joy:

Hey Matthew

great job so far! :clap:

My ideas:

• all tests pass, awesome!

• HTML and CSS validation show no errors! :clap:

• when you use codepen (only there!), you only have to add the code that belongs into the body, so you can remove your body on line 3.

• you can increase the overall readability of your page by adding more consistency; you can read more about it here, e.g. the space to the border:

• when I decrease the width of my browser, some questions get squeezed; this is important for people who read your page on a smartphone:
    Screenshot_2020-08-30_09-21-03

Keep up the good work,
looking forward to seeing your next steps. ! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like