As you may have heard, @no-stack-dub-sack, @Weezlo, and @paycoguy have been hard at work building projects with testable user stories. We are looking for a few volunteers to attempt to build these based on their automated tests.
The goal is for campers to be able to build these projects step by step following user stories. This will make the projects less intimidating and more fun. Oh, and don’t worry - we’ll still have plenty of optional projects where we don’t provide you with any tests. And if you’ve previously built these projects, you don’t need to build them again.
If you’re interested in attempting this, please reply to the thread and let us know you’ve started it. The more people who want to build this, the better, as we can start gathering feedback.
Thanks, and happy coding!
Here is the blank pen for campers to fork: http://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/MJjpwO
Here is the example project with passing tests: http://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/VPaoNP
Here are the user stories for campers to reference:
- I can see a title with
id="title"in H1 sized text.
- I can see a short explanation with
id="description"in P sized text.
- I am required to enter my name in a field with
- I am required to enter an email in a field with
- If I enter an email that is not formatted correctly, I will see an HTML5 validation error.
- I can enter a number in a field with
- If I enter non-numbers in a number field, I will see an HTML5 validation error.
- If I enter numbers outside the range of the number field, I will see an HTML5 validation error.
- For the name, email, and number input fields, I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids:
- For the name, email, and number input fields, I can see placeholder text that gives me a description or instructions for each field.
- I can select an option from a dropdown.
- I can select a field from a series of radio buttons.
- I can select several fields from a series of checkboxes.
- I am presented with a
<textarea>at the end for additional comments.