Technical Documentation Page -Help!

Hi guys!

I am having trouble passing this page…
I failed user story #2 3 4 10 12 13, and I cannot figure out the reason…
Can anyone please help me with this?

Here is my coding page: https://codepen.io/Jiwoolee1030/pen/MWmGgdP

Thank you so much in advance! :wink:

It’s seems like a copy of the example. I usually approach each user story one at a time and test as I build.

I would focus on getting them to go green one at a time.

2. Within the #main-doc ( ) element, I can see several elements, each with a class of “main-section”. There should be a minimum of 5.

I would start with creating the a minimum of 5 sections with the class of “main-section” then fill out the information.

Not all of the elements with the class of “main-section” are elements : expected 14 to equal 15
AssertionError: Not all of the elements with the class of “main-section” are elements : expected 14 to equal 15

I would look at each element with the class “main-section” and make sure its a <section></section>.

161 <div class="main-section">
162    <ul>
163        <li> and Object </li> </ul> </div>

Also you have a lot of "id"s with the same name although your css will work just fine IDs are supposed to be unique. I would only put them on what the user story calls for.

58 <section class="main-section" id="JavaScript_and_Java">
59    <header id="JavaScript_and_Java">JavaScript and Java </header>

I would remove the ID from the headers.

@jiwoolee, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

For instance, the first failing message says

Within the #main-doc ( <main> ) element, I can see several <section> elements, each with a class of "main-section". There should be a minimum of 5.
Not all of the elements with the class of "main-section" are <section> elements : expected 14 to equal 15
AssertionError: Not all of the elements with the class of "main-section" are <section> elements : expected 14 to equal 15

Do you understand what the test is looking for and why it’s failing?

Apply this to remaining tests.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.