Technical Documentation Page, nav-bar and inner text

Making a new post on my issue, that is a bit more clean. Somewhere along the way, user story 4 seized to pass and nearly all the nav bar stories are not passing, despite the functions working.

<!-- 

Hello Camper!

Please read the README below in the JS Editor before beginning. Feel free to delete this message once you have read it. Good luck and Happy Coding! 

- The freeCodeCamp Team 

-->

<head>
  <title>The Personal Computer</title>
</head>
<main id="main-doc">

<body>
    <nav id="navbar">
      <section class="main-section" id="What_is_a_PC?">
        <header>
          <h1>What is a PC?</h1>
        </header>
        <ul>
          <a class="nav-link" href="#What_is_a_PC?" rel="internal">
            <li>What is a PC?</li></a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#What_is_it_made_out_of?">
              <li>What is it made out of?</li></a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#What_is_the_difference_between_a_Gaming_PC_and_a_regular_PC?" rel="internal"><li>What_is the difference between a Gaming PC and a regular PC?</li></a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#Components_of_a_regular_consumer_PC" rel="internal"><li>Components of a regular consumer PC</li></a>

<a class="nav-link" href="#Finding_out_which_components_are_right_for_you" rel="internal"><li>Finding out which components are right for you</li></a>
          <a class="nav-link" href="#Have_Fun!" rel="internal"><li>Have fun!</li></a>
        </ul>
        <p>
          A PC is a <code>Personal Computer</code>, which people use to compute stuff.
        </p>If you need to <code>calculate</code> something or <code>google</code> why cats hate cucumbers,<br> a PC is your friend.
        <p>
          It takes a text or button command which the OS interprets as <code>code</code><br> and then translates into something, the hardware of the PC<br>can actually understand, aka <code>binary</code>, aka ones and zeros.
        </p>
        <p>
          You can test it with this text <a href="https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/ascii-to-binary.html">here</a>.
        </p>
      </section>
        </nav>
    <section class="main-section" id="What_is_it_made_out_of?">
      <header>
        <h2>
          What is it made out of?
        </h2>
      </header>
      <p>
        Besides the <code>code</code>, it is made up of the previously<br>mentioned hardware, which actually does<br>all the work. <br>The CPU is the processing unit, which you can think of as a logical brain.<br>sends linear data. Even your old 2GHz CPUs, execute 2 billion (2GHz), cycles, per second, per core!<br>
        You can now maybe start to imagine just how fast a Gaming PC<br>with 6-12 cores at up to over 5GHz is.
      <p>Keep in mind though, that the architecture of a CPU is still very important. An old 4GHz CPU from 5 years ago<br>, will usually lose against a modern 3GHz one. The architecture is an entire topic that I could not possibly cover within this documentation page.
      </p>
      </p>
    </section>

<section class="main-section" id="What_is_the_difference_between_a_Gaming_PC_and_a_regular_PC?">
      <header>
        <h3>What is the difference between a Gaming PC and a regular PC?</h3>
      </header>
      <p>
      </p>
    </section>

<section class="main-section" id="  Components_of_a_regular_consumer_PC">
      <header>
        <h4>Components of a regular consumer PC</h4>
      </header>
      <p>
      <ul>
        <li>CPU</li>
        <li>Motherboard</li>
        <li>RAM</li>
        <li>A storage drive</li>
        <li>Power Supply</li>
        <li>Case/Tower</li>
        <li>CPU Cooler</li>
        <li>If the CPU doesn't have a built in GPU, a discrete GPU</li>
      </ul>
      </p>
    </section>

<section class="main-section" id="Finding_out_which_components_are_right_for_you">
      <header>
        <h5>Finding out which components are right for you</h5>
      </header>
      <p>
      </p>
    </section>

<section class="main-section" id="Have_Fun!">
      <header>
        <h6>Have Fun!</h6>
      </header>
      <p>
      </p>
    </section>
  </body>
</main>

Hi
Can’t get to your code to check or see what user story 4 is. Not sure what the rel=“internal” is there for, don’t think it is needed, may be an issue. Also not sure why you have a section class=“main-section” within navbar, it may be an issue also

I saw someone else use internal=“ref” and thought it was a means of looking internally for something. I removed it but it made no difference. As for main section. If I place anywhere else, especially below section class, I immediately fail 2 tests

If I remember correctly you have to have elements with class main-section somewhere on your page. I would not put them within navbar. If you want a section within navbar I would rename it’s class and use the main-section class elsewhere. The main section is for the rest of the document or at least that’s how I did my technical documentation. Would help if I could get to your code to see

Hm, I’ll try :3 here’s my codepen: https://codepen.io/Adham380/pen/JjNmvJP

When you run your tests click on the 10/16 passed button. It gives you a detailed description of what is not passing. Some of your id’s are not correct in main-section elements. Main section elements need at least 10 p elements, 5 code elements etc

I know. The 10p elements is because I deleted some stuff I didn’t like. I am adding more atm but the id’s are correct. They passed as correct before and I haven’t changed them at all. I have checked them 5 times now and every single one follows the underscore rule properly, no spacing and contains exactly the text that’s within the headers h1-h6

I think I found the issue. I think one is missing, lol

In the section id “Components_of_a _regular_PC” you have a space after the opening quote, remove it

you’re my savior xD I glanced over it before but was sure it wasn’t a space. AAAAAAAAAH. I even analyzed the html, thinking that would tell me if I had any empty spaces

Small point but you have <main id=“main-doc”> outside of your body tags.
All html should be within the body apart from whats in the <head> section. I would actually have main below the navbar personally but as long as it’s within the body it’s fine.

Thanks. I put it within the body. Putting it below navbar starts breaking stuff again ._. Now I just need to figure out why the solution for my previous problem is now messing with the 5 code elements

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.