Technical Documentation Page No. 6

I keep getting 15/16 due to not having 5 code elements. What code elements am I supposed to be including?
Technical Documentation Page

so <code> is a semantic element meant to enclose and display programming codes within it. It would have a different styling than the other elements in the page. e.g.:

Block of code

<div>
   <p>hello</p>
</div>

Line of code
<a href="www.freecodecamp.org">FCC</a>

You are meant to have 5 of those within your technical documentation, perhaps because FCC sort of expected you to make a technical documentation page about programming topics. However it does not mean your topic on music is wrong, you can simply use <code> to enclose other things since at the end of the day it is a semantic element.

2 Likes

@etiemrivera when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing test says

The .main-section elements should contain at least 5 <code> elements total (not each).
There are not at least 5 <code> elements throughout all of the elements with the class of 'main-section' : expected 3 to be at least 5
AssertionError: There are not at least 5 <code> elements throughout all of the elements with the class of 'main-section' : expected 3 to be at least 5

Do you understand what a code element is?

For example,
these are opening and closing paragraph tags <p> </p>
this is a paragraph element <p>I'm a paragraph element</p>

Thank you! I was thinking of redoing this particular assignment to match the ‘technical’ topic, but since you mentioned this, I think I will leave it. Furthermore, I appreciate you breaking down the meaning of type of code it was asking for, I mistook for something else.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.