The tutorial refused to submit

Hello guys.

The above image shows a problem with submission after filling in all that was asked during tutorials.
Can anybody help ?
I have been trying to submit it by it refused to submit.

hi there,
welcome to the forum!

It seems you are struggling to write valid HTML code.
Do you have any previous experience writing HTML?

Hello

Just starting this is my first.but based on the photos shot,is the link no in the head tag.

the html closing tag is in the wrong place.

Please do not start in the ferris wheel project if you don’t have experience writing HTML.
It is better to start from the cat photo app project and work your way down.

if you still need help with this step, please click on the Ask for Help button to open a topic template. You can type your question there and the template will give us your code and the link to the step pre-filled in.

Actually,I have finished everything(all five tutorials and their projects).
It is just this last one that is left.

if you are still stuck, please click on the Ask for Help button so that a proper topic is opened with a link to the step and your code in it.

I know am new to this but,after going through all the tutorial and certification project.
I should know how to place an html.and looking at what I sent you everything is alright.
Perhaps there is a bug.
Moreso,I tried to open a help line but it said I am being attended to at the forum.
Perhaps,can you direct me to where I can report a bug.

Please copy and paste your code here into a code block
```
code here between 3 backticks
```

Also please post a link to the challenge you are on.

How so, when you closed the <html> element right after the <!DOCTYPE html> declaration?

Hello

I am here to ask for help not argue.

Hi, please post your code and a link to the challenge so that I can help you further.

\\

\\\ \\\ \\\ Ferris Wheel \\\ \\\ \\\ \\\

link to challenge:https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-css-animation-by-building-a-ferris-wheel/step-1

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en"></html>
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
   <title>Ferris Wheel</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" ></link>
  <meta name="viewport"content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

</head>
<body></body>

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

you need to simply move the closing tag of your html element down so it is below the body element, then you will be able to pass this test (I have copied your code over and confirmed this solution myself).
Let me know if you are still unable to pass.

Ok,thanks for the education

1 Like

Hbar1st, thanks ,it went through.
I have finally completed the course content.
However,I must admit,of all the tutorials and certification projects,this is the only one that I have to put the closing HTML tag after the body tag.
Can it always be like that or is it an occasional thing.

perhaps you just didn’t notice it because the other projects always added it for you? (you can for eg go to the Cat Photo App and look at the very last step to see all the code inside index.html, then scroll down, you should see the there. Same for the other projects).

The rule for all html element that are not self-closing is that they must have their closing tag, but also that the closing tag needs to be located in a place that makes sense. For eg. you wouldn’t put the anchor closing tag ahead of the words that are to be made into a link right? You put the closing tag after these words. Same here. The HTML element is the root of all other elements and so all other elements must be enclosed within its “borders”.

I just went through and found it so. I guess I need to read up on HTML tag.
Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.