Think before you code... How do you plan for your coding? (journal Entries)

Main focus right now is the above quote as I’m going through this paths, More talk on that…

→ I almost redirected myself over to codeSchool just now from a redirection. I’m focusing on the guide I just posted.

I’m at Tier 1 Getting Started with the mix of:

YDKJS Up and Going - I’m familiar with coding in JavaScript via Codecademy (latest prior practice) and various other books. So within this first book I’m extremely familiar, so I’m breezing thorough it (of course RIF’n it as well).

CS50 (Harvard class - lecture / notes / projects)
Week 1 - I have to turn back to Week 0 for it has a lot of great information and practice with SCRATCH (visual programming), even if it is just refresher information, it is practical (visually). And although I’m familiar with C, as I dabbled with it in the past, I have not put it into play. And I’m looking forward to how they created their own library as they are calling to it for their function to run.

They have great notes and transcripts I need to look over / read over to get a better handle, for although I’m able to hear the Professor quite well (someone complained that he speaks fast), I still have to read over the notes they offer (saved in my folder exclusively for this guide).

Online Tutorial - Learn to Code HTML & CSS (see within the guide (above this post))
Reason for taking that is because I was looking at the “CLONE my Resume” and I’m going in slow motion in the beginning with writing my code and I’m familiar with the whole thing, I just haven’t gone into this level of seeing another and create my own version. I’ve just been “cloning” (as I’m sure we all have done for some time). So I’m looking over the website and cloning once again, but going much faster in that perspective and will sure to get a better handle of HTML/CSS like the Pros.

Going through Tier 1 by itself I’m sure this will lead me to getting my foot in the door as a “Front End Developer” or some similar title (and even Freelance again, as I did years ago). And looking forward to further practical studies with the other Tier’s within the Guide above.

I’m also an up and coming designer, for I’ve gone into self studying with that, but that is another story that should connect with all of this soon. Interested - see Sketch works on instagram via RacketINK. Practicing on digital sketching with my trusty old Wacom (the small version that is drawn on which may be more difficult than on the larger ones, so practice on that will be a breeze when I upgrade and continue practicing)).

Physical fitness is also necessary in this line of work. I focused on working out as well and really need to balance that with CODING because putting in hours sitting (or even standing as I go back and forth with this line of work) does take a tole on the body and the body needs to be physically active, otherwise it will take a toll on the body. Especially if you put your body to higher levels of training as I have.

As the rules apply with coding, it applies to ones health; “NEVER STOP TRAINING!” (a quote I heard from Cartoon Network’s robot character as I watched Dragon Ball Z a few months ago and it stuck to me.)

Time to get back to my journey in coding. Further talk on it later.

P.S. I’m also focused on Git(hub), as well, to post my works up and coming. This is a Prerequisite within the Guide above.

1 Like