ticTactoe Game!

I challenge you …
PLSSS give your valuable feedback!!

https://codepen.io/iamgs/full/jObMdGe

• If you want a challenge then I think you should make it keyboard accessible.
  • As I increase the text size the header section overlaps the tic tac toe board.
  • Don’t skip heading levels (i.e. don’t jump from h1 to h5).
1 Like

This plays very nicely and you’ve even gone the extra mile to implement an AI player! Well done, @GauravSingh9356! I also really like that you broke your code down into small functions.

Here are some ideas on how you could make the code more readable and maintainable:

1 - Try to really make it obvious for someone reading the code how it works on a high level. Arguably, the high level gameplay logic is in turnClick, but that function has various parts that obscure the logic. To understand the function, I have to figure out…

• why it matters what the type of a square is
  • what arguments go into turn
  • what this means: (!checkWin(origBoard, huPlayer) && !checkTie())

All of those tasks are manageable, but together, they just make it a bit hard to figure out what’s going on.

2 - There are a couple of places within minmax that are repeated in the inverse - I think extracting those into separate functions would help.

3 - Wherever you can, separate DOM manipulation from game logic (i.e. they should live in separate functions

4 - Try to avoid abbreviating names. I took a stupid amount of time to figure out what huPlayer stands for and I’m still not sure about origBoard

I hope some of that is helpful. Good luck and happy coding!

2 Likes

Wow the A.I is literally unbeatable. Adding some animation to the game will make it more appealing. Giving the A.I a short (very short) period of time to choose will make it more realistic .

1 Like