Tribute Page-Mehmet Sayin

Hi guys,
I’m seeking feedback for my first FreeCodeCamp project. It is great feeling to create sth by yourself. of course Thanks to CodeCamp ,it teached me so much.it will be great pleasure to learn from your experience.
https://codepen.io/sayin47/pen/VwKqpry
Thanks in advance

Hey, nice job here, but I do have some suggestions:

• You should not skip heading levels. Currently you are going from h1 to h3. Those h3s should be h2s.
  • Actually, the last heading should probably not be a heading at all. That’s a sentence. If you want a heading there then you should come up with something much shorter, such as “Further Information”.
  • The wikipedia link at the bottom is not “meaningful” (i.e. it doesn’t describe what it is linking to). This is an accessibility issue. Google for “meaningful link text” and you will find several results explaining the issue.
  • I’m not sure down arrow link you have just above the Interesting details heading is necessary. It literally just links to the heading right below it.
  • As I narrow my browser the font size stays the same until at the very last moment, right before my browser stops narrowing, all of a sudden the font size decreases, and by a considerable amount. I’m not a huge fan of changing the font size for narrower widths to begin with, but if you insist then I don’t think you should make such a huge jump. The user should have control over the font size they need to use to read your page. Making that big of a jump will cause them to have to readjust the text size if they narrow their browser that skinny. I would even go as far as to get rid of setting the font size on main. Just let the page use whatever default font size the user has set in their browser. And then use ems to make the headings bigger. This is of course my opinion, others may disagree. But I almost never set an explicit font size on anything in other than ems so that the user can be in control the text size.
1 Like

Welcome to the forums @sayinmehmet47.

The link to your pen is not valid. It gives a 404 error.

thanks i edited it again

If you submitted your project be sure and resubmit with the new link.

Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • wikipedia” is not accessible
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.