Tribute Page Project -Audrey Hepburn-

Hi guys! Sharing my first project, I’m just still wondering if my fonts loading right! Thanks in advance for your comments.

https://codepen.io/vec07/pen/gObxJda

4 Likes

Hello,

Your tribute page looks good. I liked the way you used dotted border to your image and page. Your page is pretty responsive only you need to make the image responsive.

Happy Coding.

Thanks for the feedback! I will fix that detail about the picture, I was sure it was responsive

Hello,

I like the originality of your tribute page even better than mine(I just finished it) by far.

The only comments I have is to remove the style tags and link tags in the CSS section. And place the link tags in the HTML section.

Happy Coding.

1 Like

Looks cool you did well for a first time :slight_smile:
You have only 1 error though…

padding-color:white;

Hi @vec07, your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• All of your styling should be external
    • You have a width and height specified on line 7
  • In codepen, you don’t need to use the <style> </style> tags in the CSS section so go ahead and remove them.
  • In your CSS section, click on the arrow in the upper right and then click on the ‘Analyze CSS’ link
    • There’s an invalid property in your #main declaration
  • As an aside, codepen has a validator for HTML too but it gives some false positives and misses some errors. I tell people to run their HTML code through the W3C validator. Just copy your HTML and paste it into the ‘Validate by Direct Input’ tab.
    • you have no errors in HTML, just mentioning it. And when you do run it, it will give you about three error because you don’t have the <head> and <title> but since your copying from codepen you can ignore those.
1 Like

Thank you so much for all your findings! Really appreciated. I did not know about W#C validator at all. I still cleaning my code while I learn a little bit day by day. Again thanks for your time to check my code.

Thanks for the advice! You are right it, they belong to HTML section.

Thanks for the good look in my code! I already fixed it