Tribute Page - Rowan Atkinson - Looking for feedback

CodePen link
Learning front-end programming and would appreciate absolutely any feedback on design because im artistically handicapped :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @rait.talisoo!

Congrats on finishing your first FCC project! I wouldn’t call you artistically handicapped. Some people have natural talent for design or a graphic arts background while others like myself are not. As long as your design is clean and professional I think that is what matters. With more practice you will start to become more confident in the your html and css skills.

The only thing that I noticed was that the text underneath the image was really small and unreadable. So I would probably make that little bit bigger. I also ran your code through the css analyzer and found a few errors that need your attention.

Other than those couple of things, great job on your first project.

Happy coding!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @rait.talisoo. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it, there are a few things to clean up.
      • You may have to click it again after fixing one to see the next. Do so until it finds no errors.
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)

@Roma @jwilkins.oboe Thank you both. I fixed the typos in CSS and shuffled the html elements around so it now complies with the validators. Thank you both for feedback

1 Like

Very good job @rait.talisoo! I like it because it’s simple, clean, and minimalist (that’s what brings in good design). Also, I like the way you arranged your subject’s biography as two columns (that is now artistic!). Nothing to improve (but try experimenting with other colors) and wish you best of luck :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Welldone @rait.talisoo you did a very good job on this.