Tribute Project failing :(

Hi,

I’m new to freecodecamp and just hit my first project! I have completed all of the steps except one of them fails every time and I’m just not sure why.

The one that fails is * User Story #8: The img element should responsively resize, relative to the width of its parent element, without exceeding its original size.

and the error is AssertionError: Try using the “max-width” style property : expected ‘none’ to not equal ‘none’

Here is my code https://codepen.io/sir_dutton/pen/ZmjrdG?editors=1100

I’ve tried changing it around and everything but every time it fails. I know my page isn’t unique, I wasn’t sure what the projects entailed in the beginning and didn’t have much time to research people to do a tribute for.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello Sir_dutton,

I’m new to coding myself but I checked out your code and you have an extra div in your Html doc. Delete the <div = “image”> and rename your id = responsive image element to id=“image”. You’ll then be able to fix the rest. If something isn’t working properly always go over your Html code very carefully for broken elements. I had to do something similar on mine. Good luck to you :slight_smile:

Jay

Hello there @sir_dutton.

I believe the issue had something to do with your markup (an unnecessary div perhaps.) I forked your codepen with the appropriate changes made to pass your test, you are welcome to open it and compare it to your own version (should only take a few minutes to compare.)

Link to the pen is here

Hope this helps!

Awesome man, thanks so much for all your help!