Twitch.tv JSON API - My way - pure JS

Hello,

I wanted to share this project or the code itself, because well… Would you believe me if I told you that it took me about 3 weeks to get it done? Sounds weird right? But the whole idea, why I did it THIS WAY, was - I wanted to learn about DOM and DOM manipulation using PURE JavaScript. The idea kind of came along itself. So, there I was not knowing what the hell was DOM and how it operates! :slight_smile: I will not lie it took a tremendous effort and amounts of time to make my idea THE WAY I WANTED IT TO BE.
The way I wanted it to be - I wanted to make a web page that has almost nothing in HTML. And EVERYTHING that will be displayed will be done using JavaScript! And it took 3(three) versions of the web page to get where I wanted it to be. But I learned SOOO MUCH interesting stuff! So, I do not think it was a waste of my time :slight_smile:

P.S. If you like pure JS, like me, and like to understand what is going on and how things work, I hope you see something of useful in my code! And I know - it is not perfect… who is? :slight_smile:
Thank you for your time. The link to the web page. - http://codepen.io/ivanaganin/full/VjWmbB/

1 Like

Looks good, and I’m glad you learned a lot! I do think it’s important to use vanilla JS for some of these tasks so you at least understand what’s going on under the hood when using jQuery or some other utility.