Unable to open/view projects in Codepen

I’m trying to use CodePen for the first time but I am unable to open or view projects. If I go to the example link from FCC, I get sent to a “Connection Reset” page, if I try to open something in CodePen it’ll open but the preview just shows “connection reset.” How do I fix this? I have tried with and without adblocker in multiple browsers, always with the same issue.

That sound like a CP issue.

Can you provide a link to the pen that is giving you an issue?

It’s anything I open on the whole website.

I don’t know. I can’t confirm that a link works for me until I know what the link is.

Look in the console and network tab for errors (F12 > console and network tab). You can post a screenshot.

Considering it is happening in multiple browsers it sounds more like something local to your network, like some type of blocking for example.

I would try a different DNS and test using a VPN as well. Search for Public DNS and free VPN. I don’t really want to promote VPN services here but if you search for it the service that starts with “Proton” is one you can give a go.

1 Like

Thank you! The VPN fixed it. Not sure why, maybe it has something to do with the country I’m in, but the simple VPN Chrome extension did the trick.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear.

But it’s a bit unfortunate that you have to use a VPN. There are other online editors like Codepen you can try as well.

Works very similar to Codepen

Editors that are more like a real local dev environment

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.