Uncomment HTML 5

Tell us what’s happening:
I beat this one one time already, but forgot how to do it again.

Your code so far

<!--hello world-CatPhotoApp-Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet-->
<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<!--hello world-CatPhotoApp-Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/uncomment-html

You did uncomment html elements that needed to be uncommended.

So you can delete the very top and bottom lines.

1 Like

Okay, now I’m very confused. I tried that, but nothing worked.

Can you show your new code?

<!–h1-Hello World-h2-CatPhotoApp-P-Kitty Ipsum dolor sit amet–>

<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

–>

Can you show me how an HTML comment looks?

To format the code when posting on the forum press Ctrl + Shift + C or press the button above the comment box that looks like this </>

Comments in HTML starts with <!-- , and ends with a -->

Is that what it looks like? I’m still confused and need a further explanation yet again. My brain is fried on this one.

Yes, that is correct.

The challenge is asking you to remove the comments. Reset the code and try to remove the comment. That is, remove this <!-- and this -->

Thank you! I can’t believe that I forgot how to do that, lol.

Practice makes perfect. This is exactly why I suggested you should try and redo some of the challenges again.:+1:

That’s exactly what I’m doing, and taking notes, too!