Unsure how to get Markdown to work in React

I’ve been working on the front end libraries projects and I am currently on the markdown previewer problem and I am having trouble integrating the markdown library into my code since I have not used it before. I generally emulated what I saw other people doing since it seemed to just be a few lines of code but clearly im missing something and I have no idea what since I have no experience with the library. Any chance someone can at least point me in the right direction?

Codepen: https://codepen.io/AugustTGuenther/pen/wvMpgKz

bumping in case someone new sees it

Hi @Zie62 sorry you’re having issues!

Whenever you run into issues with your code, it really helps to open the browser developer console and see if you are getting any unexpected errors.
In this case, it looks like the marked library you imported may not work the way you expected:

If you use Codepen’s search for marked, the first result should work (be sure to remove the current entry first!).
After that, continue to squash bugs using the console to identify where they might be. Also be sure to use the documentation for marked that matches the version you are running. If you are using a guide or other material outside of the official docs, there may be differences in syntax or options.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you. I was using the link provided in the FCC curriculum so I didn’t think that could be wrong. Hopefully I can take it from here :smiley: !