Var myStr = "l am a \"double quoted\" string inside \"double quotes\"."; what`s wrong with this

I have tried everything but nothing seems work

Hello there,

It would be more useful, if you could paste your code in the body of the post. It is difficult to be sure what code you actually have, if it is not formatted correctly. Also, please post all of the code, exactly as it is in the editor.

For future posts, if you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Thank you.

Is it possible that that has to do with your variable declaration?
You use ‘Var’ with uppercase 'V ’ but it must be ‘var’ with lowercase ‘v’!

Even when it is in lowercase,it is not working

ok,sorry for any inconveniences caused

1. ) I checked it once again and found that something seems to be wrong with your double quotes ( “ ” ). I have replaced them with the right double quotes (" ") and it works fine!
  2. I also have replaced your ‘I’ because wenn I copy your sentence: var myStr = “I am a…” I got ‘l’ (lowercase L) instead of I (uppercase i)!
  3. If you don’t find the " " try simply to copy them from the given string. You can also copy the entire string and add the expected \"....\"
1 Like

hey… u copied the line from somewhere else??? seems so…then just type in the quotes only(after removing) again.

1 Like