VS Code with Code Runner Not Working

Hi everyone! I have an issue with VSC since today. Until yesterday I was coding in PY and running the code without any problem. But today I decided to run a JS code and I noticed that I did not have the RUN button. So, I downloaded the Code Runner in VSC and problems started. Now I can not run either PY nor JS. I get this message in js:

[Running] node "c:\Users\marco\Desktop\edteam\practica.js"
"node" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.  
(translation would be: "node" is not recognized as an intern or extern command, program or file por executable lots.

and in case of py the same statement (but word node switch with python)

[Running] python -u "c:\Users\marco\Desktop\edteam\main.py"
"python" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.

So, it seems like code runner bothered my vsc or sort of.
If anybody could help me with this please. I have to practice with PY but I need to practice with JS, as well. I would not want to uninstall Code Runner from VSC.

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

I have moved your post into a new topic.

I cannot explain why Python is not being run, but the first error sounds like 1 of 2 issues:

1. You do not have Nodejs installed on your computer.
  2. You do not have Nodejs on your path variables list: https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/add-windows-path-environment-variable/
  • Similarly, you may need to alter the configuration file of this Code Runner to know where to find Node and Python.

Hope this helps

1 Like

As you said, I could understand that js don´t run even with Code Run installed because something else is missing (as the node.js for instance); but why python is bothered if until some hours ago it was running properly? :thinking: I have uninstalled code run, I don´t want to bother mi first python training and get stuck.
Pd. I have seen the node.js you say to install in the VSC marketplace but there are several of them, namely: node.js, node.js extension pack; vs code for node.js; node.js repl, and so on. Which of those is te correcto one?

Oh, no. Nodejs is not a part of VS Code.

You should download the latest stable release from here: https://nodejs.org/en/

You know how you type: python myScript.py to run a python file…
Well, it is the same thing for JavaScript only: node myScript.js

Hope this clarifies.