VSC live server

When i try to open my html file through live server extension in VS code, seems like the CSS file is not functioning (it only shows the html content) but when i go to the file in the folder right click and open it with the web browser, seems there is no issue this way , any one encountered something similar? and what seemed the issue ?

Hi @freesudani. Do you have an error message in the console?

im not talking about live server in the console , im talking about live server extension in VS code.

How are you linking the html file to the css file?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../resources/css/style.css">

That is why I am asking whether there is an error message in the console. After loading the html, open the console. You will in most cases see an error message there if the server has failed to load your CSS.

yeah there is an error msg
Not allowed to load local resource: file:///C:/Users/toshiba/Desktop/Web%20design/resources/favicon/site.webmanifest
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho/sourceMap/chrome/iframe_handler.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho/sourceMap/chrome/content.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Hey @freesudani!

Which browser do you use?

I am not sure I know what is causing that error with live server. I faced a similar problem yesterday which I failed to resolve.

im using google chrome