Wasted money on egghead , can i get it back?

but egghead’s course on data structures and algo is SO SOLID!

1 Like

well every instructor is different, so while one course can be really good, another can be terrible. Same as udemy in that regard.

I did go through the advanced react with Kent C. Dodds, and found that the pace was exhausting. I had to go over the same parts several times to understand why and what he’s doing. Sooo much information, yet sooo compact.

for react and angular, I went to David Mosher on Youtube.
He’s such an amazing instructor.

Try it out!

The MIT edx (MITx: 6.00.1x) “Intro to CS and Python” course was really good at teaching recursion! By week 2, I conceptually understood recursion v. iteration and the pros and cons of each! They give lots of examples and practice for you to learn implementation of both.

I’m on the 3rd week now and fully intend to finish before spring. They say each week should take about 10-15 hrs, which I find to be true, and there’s 7 weeks total. Also the videos are broken up into ~15mins sections and intersected with practice modules, which I favor over the HarvardX CS50 course.

I took a 16-week C-programming course from a locally respected community college and the instructor didn’t teach recursion. I now wish I could get my money back for that! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

also, guys,
Beau teaches javascript is really good

@amitshrivastavafcc can you please share your credential so that I will also use . please I want to learn node js.

please contact me on mail

Just for the record the answer is yes, we are totally 100% happy to give you your money back. We usually keep it to the 30 days range, but at the end of the day we’re not interested in keeping your hard earned cash if you aren’t feeling it.

This is a filtered list of free courses on egghead. Ton of gems in there.

(can’t post a link, makes sense, google “free egghead”)

And here’s my personal thoughts on Udemy as a service:

(google: joel hooks egghead v udemy)

Let me know if I can ever help. To subscribe at all you get a solid handful of emails, all of which are monitored actively and replied to promptly. We don’t (obviously) monitor these forums for support though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OK @joelhooks but this was two years ago, so we’ll call this closed on our end.
:peace_symbol:
chuck