Web Hosting Collection: 📝 A collection of both free and paid web hosting (shared, VPS, etc.) without the ads 🚫

#Web Hosting Collection
:pencil: A collection of both free and paid web hosting (shared, VPS, etc.) without the ads :no_entry_sign:.

While I will keep this forum post up-to-date, the most recent edits can be seen on GitHub.

Motivation

I created this collection because I was tired of searching for web hosting and being taken to an unknown site that ranked hosting companies on who knows what, while all being served a page full of ads. If this is your first time signing up for hosting this can be dangerous, hence why I created this list. This list takes out all the ads and leaves only the unfiltered options.

Collection

• It is highly recommended that you search for and read the hosts Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy and Privacy Policy before signing up.
  • Free services are annotated by the icon :free: after the hosts name.

Static Site Hosting

A static web page (sometimes called a flat page/stationary page) is a web page that is delivered to the user exactly as stored… - Wikipedia

Shared Hosting

Shared web hosting service refers to a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web server connected to the Internet. - Wikipedia

Reseller Hosting

Reseller hosting is a form of web hosting wherein the account owner has the ability to use his or her allotted hard drive space and bandwidth to host websites on behalf of third parties. - Wikipedia

Platform as a Service

Platform as a service (PaaS) is a category of cloud computing services that provides a platform allowing customers to develop, run, and manage applications… - Wikipedia

Virtual Private Servers

A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers may have superuser-level access… - Wikipedia

Dedicated Servers

A dedicated hosting service, dedicated server, or managed hosting service is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone else. - Wikipedia

Other Resources

Contributing

It would be great if you contribute! You can either contribute via the forum or GitHub. Information on how to contribute can be viewed here.

6 Likes

I think this is a good idea (even if doing this as a forum post is probably not the best idea, but that gets solved by the GitHub Repo). The problem is that the repo is not avaiable (throws an 404). For (paid) VPSs i can recommend Delta Networks, but it is german.

~MinorTom

This is a good idea, but unfortunately, it’s attracting a lot of advertisers and spam. I’m going to close it because of this. If you want to message me to reopen, I can, but if you have it on GitHub now, that is probably better than our forum.

1 Like