Welcome to freeCodeCamp's forum

Hey everyone,

I am koteswar from India, I am learning to code to gain knowledge and to make living of that…well I have been learning to code so far by practice.:grin:

Hi everybody, I’m Mauro

I’m learning to code because i’ve always been fascinated with technology and want to explore other career opportunities.

I’ve been learning code from free web pages that give a tutorial or two.

Nice to meet all of you!

Hi I’m Andrius. I’m backend developer and want to improve my skills on front end to be more versatile:). Good learning experience to everyone!

1 Like

Welcome campers, this is my first post.

1 Like

Hi, everyone!
My name is Nikita, I am from Mother Russia! Learning web technologies since February, 2017. Started with Treehouse courses, then Udemy, Hackerrank, Codeacademy, etc. All good resources, but I am liking what freeCodeCamp has got to offer.

I’ve started learning C# and .Net platform awhile ago, but currently thinking of switching to something else, just because C# is a bit of pain, especially Linq and Entity =)

Nevertheless, going through the courses one by one and hopefully will land myself a job soon!
Best wishes to y’all!

1 Like

Hi there, guys!

My name is Nick and I just started out here at FreeCodeCamp. I have been dabbling in HTML and CSS for a while now. I am using this course to expand my career as a writer. I am an English Language and Literature major, and am looking to expand my horizons.

So far, I have been doing great. I love the interface of FreeCodeCamp.

1 Like

I am Catherine and I have always been interested in coding. I had two classes in high school that taught the basic’s of coding and am excited about being able to learn more.

1 Like

Hi Everybody!

I am Michael, an engineering graduate and I didn’t find coding too much fun in university because of the way it was taught which turned me off from coding. However, I see the benefit of coding in the professional world which is why I want to dive deeper into it again. I tried using youtube and other interactive coding sites like codecademy, but I wasn’t motivated to finish the tutorials. I am now trying freecodecamp and I like what I see so far.

1 Like

Hi there!

My name’s Leya. I’m learning to code, because it’s fun and I would love to make a career out of it. I’ve learning about it on and off again on my own and recently through a few courses offered in my degree program.

I’m excited to go through all the certifications! I’m almost done with this first one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! My name is Minitha and I’m learning to code for a job opportunity. I’m enjoying it so far! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all.

I am Drew and I am Head of IT ops of a company in Cardiff, Wales.

I am learning to code as I work with developers everyday and find what they do pretty cool and would like to have a go at it myself.

I studied Computer Science in uni 15 years back so it isn’t my first exposure to coding but I am definitely a beginner.
FreeCodeCamp has been great so far just hit step 100.

Cheers

1 Like

Im a recent college grad with a major in computer science. I dont feel im prepared enough to work in the professional world although i do have experience with alot of programming languages. Since i have no experience, im finding it difficult for me to find a company willing to let me get my feet wet so i can gain some experience.

Im learning to code because i enjoy the possibilities that could come from being a computer programmer.

So far ive learned at the university level. I still feel i have alot to learn to im refreshing some skills and learning new tricks by practicing on freecodecamp. This website is heaven sent.

1 Like

UX/UI designer that wants to code and build prototypes.

1 Like

Hi guys!

My name is Ray and I’m from Seattle.

I’m learning to code to become a full stack developer.

I have been using numerous materials from online bootcamps to programming books to learn the basics of web

development. Good luck to all of us!

1 Like

I’m Shaun! Learning code because I love to create. I also want a new career.

1 Like

I’ll just admit I’m smack in the middle of a mid-life crisis. I’d built a nice career as a video producer, brand strategist, and all-around marketing guy, but I’d hate to work the next two decades without really understanding and helping to build part of this tech-crazy revolution we’re living through.

I completed a full-time bootcamp in 2016. I knew I wanted to learn to code and I knew I wanted a coding job, but I wasn’t ready to be a developer. Fast-forward to present day and, having spent a year as a brand manager at a tech startup, I have a much better idea of what it takes for a team to actually ship code, and I know better what role I’d play on that team.

Which brings me to freeCodeCamp.

Fingers crossed…

2 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Brandon Zahn and I’m studying Computer Engineering at university so I’m learning how to code mostly from school.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello my name is Timothy
I’m learning to code because I enjoy it and I am trying to make a career change into the tech world after spending about 12 years working in retail.
I’ve been teaching myself to code for about a year now (though I already knew HTML and some CSS) but have hit a number of stumbling blocks but refuse to give up.

2 Likes

I am Piyush Raj, a chemical engineering undergrad from India.
I am learning to code because I have a startup idea and I want to convert it into a product before pitching it.
So far I have found the tasks easy and I am really looking forward to learn the more challenging stuff.

1 Like

Hello world!

My name is Brendan from Vermont, USA…
I’m learning to code because I’m a tech enthusiast and have always dabbled in programming.
I’ve primarily used FreeCodeCamp to learn but have checked out other tools and videos as well.

2 Likes