What is data science

Data science is the study of using scientific methods which can be involved in various processes. It also involves the use of algorithms and various tools which helps in learning the machine language. These tools may include python, r for data science, and other assembly languages. If one wants to become a data scientist, they need to understand data analysis and its various components but first they need to know what exactly data science is.

2 Likes

I still dont know what data science is

3 Likes

Data science is associate knowledge base field that uses scientific ways, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract information and insights from knowledge in numerous forms, each structured and unstructured, the same as data processing. the particular edges of knowledge science vary reckoning on the company’s goal and also the trade. Sales and selling departments, as an example, will mine client knowledge to enhance conversion rates or produce matched selling campaigns.
And learn more details from

1 Like

I’m a Data Engineer for a mid size printing business. I mostly use PHP.

I do extremely practical “Data Science”, I think. From my understanding,
Data Science tries to figure out statistics. And why those statistics are happening.

At my job, 1 statistic is we order an average of 1,000,000 white envelopes every month.
We never order that many at once, we had to sum the total envelopes ordered over
a 1 year period, then divide by 12 months.

700,000 of those envelopes are from Sep-Dec. So 70% of our envelopes orders happen during the 4th quarter. That’s a statistic. i.e. “Data Science”… I think.

So to stay in stock, we order ahead of time in anticipation of the high influx during the 4th quarter.

I think if we had a data scientist, they would have made the problem more complex than it is in reality. They would have used multi variable calculus and probability and statistics mathematics when really it was just simple algebra for us to figure that out.

They probably would have tried to implement some machine learning algorithm when a simple analysis of a SQL Database by a human with common sense would lead to the same result.

I’m sure there are some extremely niche problems that take some very tricky math and algorithms, but that is well under 1% of the business problems there are to solve I’m sure.

Any “turing complete” programming language (PHP, JavaScript, C/C++, Python, etc.), algebra, and SQL can do Data Science… If you put the study and practice.

As for Data Visualization, just use Google Data Studio, Microsoft PowerBI, or Tableau.

Personally, I just use AngularJS 1.x and simple HTML/CSS. The data Viz software take too long too learn

//

6 Likes

Thanks for your great answers ( ideaguy3d)

Nice info about Data science

Data science is about using (large amounts of) information to find new information.

Data science is a multi-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data.

Data science is the study of data. It involves developing methods of recording, storing, and analyzing data to effectively extract useful information. The goal of data science is to gain insights and knowledge from any type of data — both structured and unstructured. More generally, a data scientist is someone who knows how to extract meaning from and interpret data, which requires both tools and methods from statistics and machine learning, as well as being human.

Mr Spock does not know Data Science but he sure knows Logic.

Data Science is the future of Artificial Intelligence. It is most in-demand career paths for skilled professionals. It is a multi-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems.