What should I expect..???

Hey everyone, I am in a bit of turmoil in my current state of mind, and I think this is the right place to share and discuss it.
So, I acquired my Bachelors(I.T.) in 2015, and then got a job at a big MNC.
But this job was more of a kind of support job, where my exposure to coding was minimal and was just using some internal tools for my work. Also, I was not very much interested in programming so I didn’t mind it much.
It was only recently(2017 onwards) that I started developing an interest in programming, specifically front-end technologies. And so I started coding regularly and now I am striving to get better at coding with every passing day, by doing exercises at freeCodeCamp, reading articles, working on snippets of code, creating/replicating sites to test my skills.
As of currently, I am pursuing my Masters in Computer Science, but I am really REALLY fearful :cry: that If I try to get into the coding world with a Masters degree, I might not be able to meet expectations of the interviewers since my hands-on experience in programming is not high yet neither will my past job experience will be of much use here, also the curriculum is mostly theory based so I am not getting any practical experience from my degree front too.
Have I messed up badly…??? :frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning::frowning:
Is there a way I can still turn things around…??? :persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere:

1 Like

You’ll be fine :slight_smile:

Put together a decent portfolio showcasing what you have learned and follow all the usual steps for getting a job outlined in the many success stories posted here and you’ll get there in the end.

Apply for jobs, attend meetups, join some hackathons if you can, give talks, write up and publish what you learn / know, etc…

The Masters will not work against you though. Having it will get your foot in more doors than not having it, and securing the interview and being able to show a panel how great you are in person is half the battle.

Good luck and happy coding :slight_smile:

2 Likes