Where do I learn JS for robotics?

Is there a good place to begin learning JavaScript for robotics?

I completed the basic JavaScript and tried nodebots.io which is a bit too complex even though they say it’s a good place to start for beginners.

Hey there,

why is your current course to complex?

Hello Miku, sorry for the late reply. My notifications were not turned on. My fault

The freecodecamp JS course is not too complex. It’s only when I go to nodebot-workshop that there is a problem. Nodebots is supposed to be for beginners of JS for robotics. However, I cannot even understand what they are talking about. For example, the commands are not what I have learned on the FCC JS course and it confused me.

So, I’m trying to find the best way to learn JS for robotics as a completely new JS programmer.

Do you have any recommendations?

Here are the webpages that i’m having difficulty with : https://www.npmjs.com/package/nodebot-workshop
nodebots.io

If you are referring to npm you will learn that in later FCC courses.

You don’t learn that in the first basic javascript course.

Hope that helps!

Hello Jwilkins, I have read about npm. Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.

I see.
Yeah, if you want to work in the Node ecosystem, you first have to learn how Node and NPM (Node Package Manager) work together.

As stated, you can learn this in the APIs and Microservices certification.

You should also learn to use a terminal, e.g. bash, this is where you want to run some of these commands.

I don’t think there is an easier way to start, because it makes sense to use external libraries, like the ones from nodebots.io, instead of building all this stuff from scratch.

Thanks, Miku. This helps me understand what I need to do a little better.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.